Can't keep UTorrent installed with Avast

venomblade89

I've already made exclusions for UTorrent, but every dang time I reenable Avast to see if it works it says UTorrent is malware and uninstalls it. Any fix?

I had this same problem which started this very morning . I also made the exclusions which didn't work so iirc I uninstalled uTorrent and had to download it again and reinstall it but that didn't work either ...I noticed that unlike other Applications which are in the Program Folder uTorrent is in the Apps Data folder so I had to "show hidden files" and delete what was in there as well and I even went in to Regedit to delete a reference to uTorrent there ....having done that I reinstalled it and it has worked fine since .    I'm unsure what caused it but Googling earlier for a solution I saw numerous references to this problem...old AND new and some folk mentioned it had to do with a certain type of Torrent ..Magnetic Download ??? 

I've already made exclusions for UTorrent, but every dang time I reenable Avast to see if it works it says UTorrent is malware and uninstalls it. Any fix?

Seems Avast is the malware...and needs to be removed...looks like you need to find a better A/V other then avast. I use MSE and have no problem with utorrent.

Archived