uTorrent has become unusable in the past few days. It was working fine

Coaster

Anyone know of anthing that has happened in the past few days to make my speed go from 25-95 KBs to like

1KBs or even lower ACK .5KBs? Now it is taking WEEKS in the ETA instead of hours!

I have read several other posts saying the same thing. I had it all set and changed nothing and it just dropped to unusable. Can't even surf the web with uTorretn running. Soon as I turn uTorrent off its all fine again.

Sometimes when i start uTorrent it will reach speeds of 20ish for about 5-7 minutes then drop down to almost 0 again. What could possibly be causing this?

Most home routers were not designed to handle P2P traffic. It's usually an ARP cache issue. I even melted the top cover of one home router before discovering that I could hack the firmware of my very robust broadband modem and enable the all router functions included by the manufacturer (and not offered by my ISP so they wouldn't have to support them).

I repatched tcpip.sys but it didnt help at all. When uTorrent is running I can't do anything. Can't do the speed test to see if the port is forwarded can't bring up a web page to even get to these forums. Have to shut down uTorrent and wait like 3 minutes before a web page will come up.

Occaisionally I get good speed, well at least good as I ever got. Close to 100 kbs. But it never lasts very long. A few minutes then it just dies off to almost 0 again. During that time I can surf the web or what ever. When ever I can get to the speed test to check port forward it says yes is open.

I still need help figuring out how to make uTorrent run smoothly like it used to last week.

And thanks for any help

Coaster

I had the same problem. Can't even get my port mapped. I finally resolve the problem when I checked and found out that windows have reduce my half open ports back to ten when it did auto update. I had to reopen half open ports back to 50. Things are zipping along now.

Well, I was told not to touch half open ports so I won't but there is definetly a problem somewhere. I cant run uTorrent period its useless. Speeds of .1 or .2 even ubuntu that usually runs fast is down to 2 or 3. Can't surf the net if utorrent is on so what is the point of having it running at all?

No one can seem to help me because they arent here looking at my computer with me, makes it tuff to figure out. :(

donno what to do............

I've expirenced that before. You might want to set your upload speed to abit lower. If you have ur upload speed too high, it will cause such problems. Try to set your uTorrent upload speed 5kbps lower than ur connection's max upload speed.

If that does not fix the problem,

U can try patching back your TCP/IP Settings to default. To do so, go to SpeedGuide download page, download sguide_default_2k.zip and patch.

After you are done with patching, use Speed Guide's TCP Optimizer again to optimize back your settings.

Psycovirus,

The thing is, these problems didn't exist before the hotfixes were released -- people didn't have to change their uploads before. Even after repatching, re-running the Speed Guide, disabling DHT, and whatnot, people seem to have problems, problems that weren't there prior to the recent patches. Really annoys me =T

Archived