More speed for a second feature possibility on some ISPs.

LarryTheSnake

Ok, what I noticed is. With my ISP, I noticed if u cap uTorrent download for a while, then uncap it, it will go all the way to like 86-100kb/s then go back to my normal 35k. I was thinking is thier anyway, to just, have a plugin that can cap it for a little bit, then uncap, then cap, uncap, cap, uncap, cap, uncap, u get the picture.

I am wondering if this would get people more speed. I don't believe it would be uncapping or something because u are not really uncapping it to a better speed, u are just taking advange of how the throtting system works.

Also to let people know, the throttling in this case is NOT p2p throttling, it's the throttling that makes a 2mb connection not get 100mb for example.

well it was worth a try. I just wish I didn't have to pay $30 for only 320kbits.

If u guys do believe u should get more speed for my price. Please sign my AtlanticBB petition at:

http://www.petitiononline.com/70dolls

Even at the next speed u still get the same upload. Which still sucks. They used to have a 1 mb connection now they have 3 and 5. I think they should make thier starter service now 1mb.

I don't want to come off sounding pessimistic, but in all honesty, those online petitions generally result to nothing. If anything, at least a physical petition grabs more attention. Link's b0rked by the way -- get rid of the period at the end.

oh yeah, nothing like complaining to my isp and make my friends do the same to make 'em upgrade the speeds, was paying 32bucks for 192/96kbps, now i pay 30bucks for 384/192kbps, still not the best but i get nice 50kB/s speed from it, last time i called to check they said that "due to the many complains about the speed, the ISP decided to duplicate the bandwhidt", seriously online petitions dont make much difference if at all :/

Larry, what you're seeing there is called 'capitalism'. A company provides a sh1t, over-priced product, consistently increases prices and decreases services levels, and yet consumers continue to sign up and pay for it. No amount of petitions (particularly with just 4 signatures :lol:) is going to change that. If you don't like it, vote with your feet and go to somebody else who provides a better or cheaper service. :)

Well we only have DSL and Cable in our area and because we have help with our phone line we can't get DSL, so basically we can only afford this one Cable Internet plan which sucks for huge torrents. 60gb is 6-9 weeks. I get nervous that eventually by the time that's done, that seeders and peers will be gone and thier will be no one to dl it from.

• 3 months later...

Right now I and all my friends are emailing them complaing about lack of upgrades to our speed and lack of TV channels and programming on our basic cable so I know it's not mail or phone calls but hopefully it will still work. A lot of people I know hate to call and are nervous they may cancel thier account if they complain so they are way more comfortable with just emailing.

emailsupport@atlanticbb.com is thier email which I am using to complain. We pay $21.95 for 320kb/s/320kb/s or 37kb/s/37kb/s. That email is for anyone here who has Atlantic Broadband and wishes to complain about prices or just others who feel they are cheating people.

Archived