uTorrent is already running???? download problems

gigikaza

Every time i try to download it says a newer version of uTorrent is already running. please close and try again. i do that and it it says " a newer version of uTorrent 3.4.3 build 40760 is already installed. Would you like to downgrade to 3.4.3 build 40298?" 

I havent changed anything. this just started showing up! what the hell?

• 2 weeks later...

b6IZtg9.gif

I am also having this same issue on Windows 10. I am a pro subscriber and believe I'm running the latest version. When I use the magnetic link I get this dialog, then if I choose no it goes to utorrent but the torrent is not added. I have to copy the link manually then select 'Add Torrent From URL..' in the menu. This dialog also comes up if I start utorrent from the windows shortcut. Very frustrating. Any ideas?

Would you please give a hint how to do this.

I only have one version installed, and get the same popup regardless if i try to directly click on a magnet link, a torrent file or even when I start the program directly from (the newest and olny) exe file I have installed.

Your torrent associations are not pointing at the correct version of uTorrent.

I only have one version of utorrent. The file association was created when this version was installed. I just tried unassociating and reassociating .torrent files with the utorrent app in C:\Users\whamm\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\utorrent.exe and the problem persists. Furthermore, this dialog pops up even when i directly double click the executable in the path I just pasted.

Archived