why is my connection yellow!!!

Drolander

goddamnit!I've forwarded my port using my router 2wire 2700HG,i've set up a static ip address,i've turned off all my firewall except this(I use AVG anti-virus firewall) but the small dot besides the dht stays on yellow all the time!can anyone help?I am using singnet(which throttles) and even though i enabled PE and unticked 'allow incoming legacy connection',it still won't work and i can't even upload(I've tried the openoffice torrent but still it is yellow though the dl i get is a lil better).Another thing is,the DHT Status always shows 'waiting for announce' and it takes a long time to show how many peers are connecting.Sometimes the 'waiting for announce' doesn't even disappear!My speed is 10mbps/1mbps.Maybe i missed anything?

EDIT:I tried the openoffice torrent again but it got worse this time!I got a nat error now!(red colour symbol)I'm sure i forwarded the port correctly!Anybody who has any 2wire router can help me?

Singnet ISP uses transparent proxys for HTTP transfers. Firon corrected me in that you should still be able to get unfirewalled. ...though it does seem likely to cause you trouble with some trackers if even HTTP traffic is proxyed.

You might as well disable DHT, as it needs to be unfirewalled to work.

I checked everything about 3 times and i portforwarded my port for tcp and udp also...i followed the instructions exactly as stated on portforward.com.How do you check whether your ports are opened?

Edit:I checked whether my ports were opened by using Superscan and it says that on my ip address,no tcp or udp ports were opened!I don't know what to do now but one thing is followed the instructions directly from portforward.com

Archived