Read/Done Everything still Crashing!

TiTaNsFaN690

Ok well i used to use azureus which worked perfectly, allowing me to have my downloads left alone overnight with no worries. After the new update however it started disconnecting and/or crashing and restarting. Windows XP would then come back up saying it was cause by an unknown device driver. I did everything they told you on their FAQ pages, using good settings and limiting my upload speed and maximum downloads. Didnt work. I recently switched to utorrent assuming the problem was with azureus, an although its a much lighter client it still disconnects/restarts when left alone. When it disconnects i have to restart the computer and when it crashes and restarts the same unknown device driver error appears.

I have a DSL connection clocked at 768/384 (from dslreports.com) using a 2Wire 1800HG router. I am not directly connected to the router, but am connected through a pc port. Computer specs are a 3.2ghz pentium 4, x800xt video card, 1gig of ram. I also run norton internet security 2006. (not sure if any of that helped.)

ANy help on this issue would be great, thanks.

So your saying norton internet secuirty could be the source of the problem? I wont unintsall it as well... not having norton on my computer scares me. I did read that zone alarm 5 messes up torrents but didnt see anything about norton. I will disable it for a night and see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the exact same problem, on two different computers. One is a custom build running an Asus A8N32-SLi deluxe board, AMD 3800+ X2, 2Gigs of DDR in dual channel, etc etc. The other is an AMD Athlon 3500+ with 1Gig DDR not in dual channel, not sure the motherboard. Only since using these two systems has using a bittorrent client started restarting my computer. On my old system I could leave Azureus open for like months and experienced no problems at all, now on both of my new systems if i try to leave it open overnight I come home from work to two restarted computers, and on both Azureus WILL NOT launch at all. It's not in task manager, and it won't launch, and reinstalling it doesn't help. I have tried other clients with the same results. On both systems after a few restarts I also experience my browser closing itself on some websites without warning. I have run full system scans with Windows Defender and BitDefender and no major viruses/trojans/ anything like that are found. Does anyone have any ideas wtf is going on?

Archived