A proposed new main-screen GUI for uT 1.6.x . What do YOU think ?

rafi

As Firon requested - the debate can proceed here, so - here is it again.

The following was proposed for uTorrent - (next generaion...) - as an optional GUI:

uTscreen.jpg

uTscreen_full.jpg

What do you think ? a good alternative ? forget about it ?

Please note that IT WILL BE OPTIONAL!

Personally - I don't like it ... but as an option - fine, why not ...

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it looks like another client..dont remember which, but i saw this same design somewhere!

HORRIBLE. avoid.

if you must then give a choice between old gui and new gui but dont force me to use that piece of crap. lol

btw anybody noticed...BLACK & WHITE - DEVIANCE? :D god damn leechers.

@infirmus: Oxymoron! ;P But seriously, it's intended to be used by people who prefer simple interfaces (a bunch of people already did request something like it), not to add functionality or whatever.

@-$$$$$-: We already did say that it'd be optional. And it looks like a mix of Firefox's download manager and Transmission's interface -- what's wrong with their interfaces? What's wrong with this interface? What makes it so horrible that it must be avoided? We can't accept your criticism if you don't provide a reason.

Horizontal scrollbars are evil, so for that reason it has potential. I would like to see the ability to configure what it shows, but within the same vertical form factor. Perhaps have an additional line as an option. That or at least show more info in a tooltip or on the status bar in a mouseover.

@DonGato: The choice will be there to choose between the current and that new interface. Don't like it? Pick columns UI instead, you'll get all the information you want. You prefer more information. Other people prefer minimal information.

The new GUI is less informative than the current one, less customizable, takes more screen space per torrent etc

Or in short (sorry Firon), -1

Again, i know you already heared that from me on IRC, but please please please make it optional (or dont switch to it at all).

Archived