windows7

Router

Manufacturer Motorola Model Number NVG589

AT&T U-verse: 45mbps down, 5 mbps up

McAfee firewall allows utorrent port

Router has an exception for the static IP I set up

utorrent TCP/UDP: 20382 192.168.1.(xxx)

Issue:

I have utorrent set to not automatically start downloads. When I grab a torrent that has seeders, highlight it, rightmouseclick and select the Start button, the grey down arrow turns to green, the status = downloading. The Availability bar turns red (although there are seeders). The only way I can get this going is to run the Setup Guide off the Options menu, take it through the upload/download tests, then Save and Close the Setup Guide, then re-start utorrent, re-set my Preferences - Queueing, Bandwidth pages, as appropriate.

Only then will the torrents start to go. This used to work with a previous router I had. Very annoying.

(and during the Setup Guide test, the Network portion always displays an orange check mark after it's done, with a note stating Port is not open.) Yet, it is, as canyouseeme.org shows success on 20382).

Thanks for any help with this.

Specs:

utorrent v2.2.1(25302)

Issue:

I have utorrent set to not automatically start downloads. When I grab a torrent that has seeders, highlight it, rightmouseclick and select the Start button, the grey down arrow turns to green, the status = downloading. The Availability bar turns red (although there are seeders). The only way I can get this going is to run the Setup Guide off the Options menu, take it through the upload/download tests, then Save and Close the Setup Guide, then re-start utorrent, re-set my Preferences - Queueing, Bandwidth pages, as appropriate.

Only then will the torrents start to go. This used to work with a previous router I had. Very annoying.

Thanks for any help with this.

Can't say much to your problem but I have a older version and AFAIK when I uncheck the "Auto start download" to not start it doesn't start when I save my torrent download.

Regardless of whether this switch is checked

Don't start the download automatically 

the torrent does not start to go (i.e., download) when I snatch it and press the Start button. The arrow turns green and the status goes to 'downloading' but nothing happens...until I re-start my client. Then it goes. 

Ok, see the forum is back up. And I am still in the new user phase, so restricted to 1 post per day, for now.

Thanks for the replies. I think I will stay with 2.2.1 for now, as it is ad- and clutter-free, and works well, except for this issue of having to re-start the utorrent client every time to get the downloads going. I re-installed 2.2.1 (25302), as someone suggested it may be a bug. Not the case, still need to re-start the client to get my snatches going. It used to be that I would download a torrent, click the Start button, it would go from red to green (Availability bar), if there were seeders,. Not the case, now. Not sure what has changed, other than my router.

One suggestion was to run uTorrent as Administrator. Stii no go.

Archived