Moving uTorrent and torrents to a different drive

jb122

I did what the migration guide said. Now uTorrent can't open the .torrent files from the new location. It says: "Error. Can't open .torrent file: (old location)". I set the location of files and torrents in the preferences to the new location. What should I do?

I did what the migration guide said. Now uTorrent can't open the .torrent files from the new location. It says: "Error. Can't open .torrent file: (old location)". I set the location of files and torrents in the preferences to the new location. What should I do?

You probably have to restart each torrent to get them going again in their new location to recreate the process again.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have had to move thousands of files around a few times.  I found that it required me to re-load every saved torrent file I had (or throw them in to the auto directory).  That is no big deal  What is a problem is that by doing that, the program forces every file to be checked.  While that is a good idea, there should be a way to SKIP checking - or just doing a "short" check.  If I have 1000 torrents to re-load.. it can take days or even weeks to re-check every file completely when you have terabytes of files. 

I don't know a whole lot about how torrents work, but I think it might be possible to set a marker on a torrent to be either

1 Unverified

2 Verified

3 Unverified but assume to be OK

In the case of #3, the file should only be checked when a peer tried to leech it, or when the system is idle (no other torrents are queued for checking). 

Archived