Unable to load *** torrent is not valid bencoding!

jglazer63

I've had a nearly flawless setup for a couple years.  Automatically downloading stuff via RSS.  As of about 2 weeks ago, I get the message

Unable to load *** torrent is not valid bencoding!

Whenever it tries to grab a file via RSS.  What's changed?   This is via kickass.  Is there a fix in the works?  I've installed versions 2.x thru 3.x and they all have the same problem. I've also tried it on multiple machines.

What's going on?

I have the same problem attempting to dnld torrents from various sites just updated to 4.3.3, this problem has nothing to do with Kickass. It happens with some torrents and not others. Currently I am having this problem with the torrent for Pixels from both aha and 1337 sites.

I have the same problem attempting to dnld torrents from various sites just updated to 4.3.3, this problem has nothing to do with Kickass. It happens with some torrents and not others. Currently I am having this problem with the torrent for Pixels from both aha and 1337 sites.

There is no version 4.3.3 that I can see on utorrent - where did you get that? Otherwise follow proper error reporting instructions.

• 2 weeks later...

I get this error on about 1 out of 200 torrents.  It doesn't happen often enough to get excited about.  The weird thing is that other torrent clients don't get this error.  Whenever I have this problem, I use either Vuze or Transmission QT instead. 

I figured out what causes the "Unable to load *** torrent is not valid bencoding"  error. 

I used the bencode editor to edit a "bad" file and made it a "good" working file. 

I will try and message the utorrent god of programming so he can fix it. 

Archived