utorrent takes all the bandwidth?

diodorus

hello,

since a couple of days if utorrent is on then i cannot use the connection with any other program (msn, email, etc.). this happens no matter how much bandwidth utorrent is actually using. i remember this happened to me before and i had to disable something in utorrent preferences... any idea?

thanks!

diodorus

Disable DHT, reduce half-open connections, reduce connect rate, limit max connections and connections per torrent to under 100, make sure your upload and download speed limits are below what your connection can sustain rather than just below peak values.

Don't run too many torrents at once, make sure your upload slots is considerably lower than your upload speed.

If doing all that doesn't work, chances are the problem isn't in µTorrent...and you need to find out what software or hardware is interfering with your connection.

I had the same issues with WinXP SP2 ( the problem is half connection limitation imposed by the wiseguys from Micro$oft), the solution is patching the tcpip.sys [http://www.lvllord.de/]. NOTE: you have to repatch every time you make an windows update to your system because this limitation is every time restore (the hell with this freaky-nasty updates)!

Archived