Queued Seeds, scraping, rotation, etc

This post is in reference to the now locked thread:  "Queued Seed" forever

https://forum.utorrent.com/topic/24539-queued-seed-forever/

This guy has a great and common question: I have a bunch of torrents that rarely have download demand. My client shows lots of Queued Seed downloads. How can I make sure my client is going to monitor and make sure new peers are serviced on the queued ones?

As jt666 summarized on the other thread:

Situation #1
I have 100 seeding torrents, first 23 is active, the rest is queued, obviously.
All of them have only seeds and no peers, so no data transfer occur (aside from scrapes), then suddenly some peers appear on 40th (now queued) torrent.
Question: Will µTorrent detect this and activate 40th torrent, putting one of non-transferring(preferably with other seeds beside me, and then, without peers) active torrents in queue?

Situation #2
I have 100 seeding torrents, first 23 is active, the rest is queued, obviously.
All of them have seeds and peers, so data transfers steadily, then suddenly all seeds dissappears from 40th (now queued) torrent.
Question: Will µTorrent detect this and start seeding 40th torrent, putting one of now active (preferably most seeded) torrents in queue?

And it is stated on that thread in response:

Yes on 1 if you have queue.don't_count_slow_ul/dl set true in advanced options.
Yes on 2 if you have queue.prio_no_seeds set true in advanced options.

Then comes a followup question:

Quote by: @DreadWingKnight:

----

Even if it is in "Queued Seed" mode? Does µTorrent even know anything about the torrent's peers if the torrent is in that mode? (It sure doesn't display anything in the "Peers" tab.)

scrape my boy, scrape

----

Snark aside, could you have provided a useful response? If "scrape" is the solution to the situation, how can one act on this? It is still unclear:

1) How do you check and/or enable scraping to monitor the seed availability and peer demand on Queued Seed torrents?

2) What is the interval at which queued seeds scrape/communicate with the tracker and/or peers to prioritize seeding?

3) Bonus question, how does any of the above change when the torrent has no trackers except the DHT?

I found the aforementioned thread from a google search about exactly the issue this user raised, and I had to read through 3 pages of flamethrowing B.S. to parse together the useful info above for what was a completely valid use case question. What a dysfunctional, ego-filled forum!

Hopefully, someone can respond with on-topic answers here instead of more B.S.

Archived