Move Torrent Location and Start Seeding Again

b_rob86

Hello everyone. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I am trying to figure out how to move a torrent location (after it downloads) to another spot and start the seed process again without it trying to download the entire file again.

The driver behind this is that I use a seedbox to download the larger files and upload them faster to achieve a 1:1 ratio. The issue is that some of the files don't upload the full 100% of the download, so I am left with a gap to cover. The seed box has a size limit, so I occasionally have to remove some files from the seedbox in order to make room for the new ones.

If I don't upload at a 1:1 ratio,  I have to seed for a certain amount of time to "cancel out" the gap. I have a computer that is strictly dedicated to seeding and transferring files. I would like to transfer the downloaded file from the seedbox to my computer via FTP and then have the file seed from my computer. This would allow me to remove the data from the seedox and still be able to seed it back.

Does anyone have any idea how to do this? I've done a good bit of searching on the subject and everything I come across either loses the file (won't read the new location) or it tries to download the file again, even after forcing a re-check.

any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

B

Hi. Unfortunately I can't help you, but your question made me think I should get in this thread, since mine is in the same ballpark.   

A few minutes ago I accidentally deleted the one seeding file I really cared about. I'm not sure exactly how, but I managed to delete it along with another torrent i didn't want.   

It's just a good quality copy of an album, transferred from vinyl, and out of respect for the uploader I would like to continue seeding it.  I tried simply "restoring" it from my Windows bin, but that didn't work. I'm wondering if you or anyone else can tell me how to get it seeding again?

Archived