µTorrent 1.6 released

Firon

I noticed that the new version changed the port to a different number. Was this intentional, or can I safely change it back to the port that I did all the port forwarding jazz about? (Or do I really need to do all of that again?)
Is anyone having problems downloading from seeders? I've got a file at 99.7% for over 6h now with 500+ seeders but uTorrent doesn't connect to any... the download until that point was very fast (data came only from other peers though)

Verdi, configure uT to what it was before. I don't think the change was intentional.

blackspawn, check your uT port configuration to see if it changed. If your slowdown started with 1.6 that could be the reason.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what happened to the memory usage. In 1.5 and previous versions memory usage has always been below 10 MB. Usually 4-9 MB. Since 1.6 the memory usage has doubled to 14-25 MB. I'm a little worried about the future versions if this keeps going.

looks good

but i cant use utorrent anymore because of NAT errors and other such errors which relate to my netgear dg834 router, and yes i have visited portforward.com

i do the same settings with azureus and no problems with NAT or any other related errors

but i may try this release, but im not expecting it to work :(

Is anyone having problems downloading from seeders? I've got a file at 99.7% for over 6h now with 500+ seeders but uTorrent doesn't connect to any... the download until that point was very fast (data came only from other peers though)

blackspawn' date=' check your uT port configuration to see if it changed. If your slowdown started with 1.6 that could be the reason.[/quote']

I've check the settings and they are correct (12880 on both uTorrent and my router) giving me a green light. uTorrent was on all night long (over 16+ hours now since it reached 99.7%) and I still haven't received the rest of the file. I'm connected to around 40 peers and 90% of them have the file at 99.7% like me. I'm still registering over 500 seeds... this never happened to me before.

Anyway this doesn't seem to be a problem with uTorrent after all cause all other peers (Azureus and Bitcomet) I'm connected with also have it at 99.7%. It's still strange though..

but i cant use utorrent anymore because of NAT errors and other such errors which relate to my netgear dg834 router, and yes i have visited portforward.com

I use uTorrent behind a dg834 and have done for a few months. No problems (and I've been using all the betas, and now 1.6 stable).

blackspawn' date=' check your uT port configuration to see if it changed. If your slowdown started with 1.6 that could be the reason.[/quote']

I've check the settings and they are correct (12880 on both uTorrent and my router) giving me a green light. uTorrent was on all night long (over 16+ hours now since it reached 99.7%) and I still haven't received the rest of the file. I'm connected to around 40 peers and 90% of them have the file at 99.7% like me. I'm still registering over 500 seeds... this never happened to me before.

Anyway this doesn't seem to be a problem with uTorrent after all cause all other peers (Azureus and Bitcomet) I'm connected with also have it at 99.7%. It's still strange though..

Fake torrent

Lies, i tell you. LIES

(could also be that the seeder hasn't finished seeding 100%)

This may be true for not so popular torrents.

But he said there were 500 seeders, but the torrent did not complete.

I have seen some torrents, which have a very good S/L ratio at the beginning. The ratio was even better than expected for a popular file. This already was suspicious. These torrents stall at 99,x% and all the 100% seeders mysteriously vanish from the list.

Also suspicious are high numbers of outdated clients. I have seen fake torrents with many Azureus 2306 clients. Most of the time these peers are also from a rather narrow IP range.

Hey there, just want say thx to download basrs. I think the 'Show download bar' is genius. A marvelous idea, never seen at another program. I even didn't knew that was possible, I thought Windows would prohibit it since you overlaps another display, but it seems I was wrong.

Great, idea!

Who came up with it, genius!

Who implement it, you so rocks with programming I envy you!

Weee, and µTorrent did it again. Still so, so small with so much features I can't believe that much features fits into that size. If it wasn't for µTorrent I did not believe it. Damn, the new world with all his terrabytes really ruined my sight of features and size. So good job µTorrent, I'm so happy I found you!

this is strange. i just installed the standalone version and it's reporting as 1.6rc1 (on trackers and on the toolbar). anybody else using the standalone get this?

great client as always

*fixed*

apparently i guess someone updated it right after i d/led it

uTorrent 1.6 auto-updated for me yesterday and I'm now running build 474. I've noticed that I no longer have a green light in the task bar. Instead it is a yellow triangle. Placing my cursor over the icon produces this text:

"No incoming connections. Unless the icon turns green, it could indicate a problem with your network configuration."

When I click on the icon and run the "Test if port is forwarded properly" sure enough, it returns an error, saying the port does not appear to be open. When I check my router, the port (that uTorrent is currently configured for) is indeed forwarded correctly to my static IP, just like it was before the upgrade. The funny thing is, I'm still showing upload and download speeds on running torrents consistent with what they were before the upgrade. Anyone else experiencing this and, if so, how do I "fix" it?

-- Sprocket

Archived