µTorrent 1.6 released

Firon

I've run into a problem using uTorrent with my external harddrive. As I have a laptop, I have been downloading files directly to my external drive. However, I have experienced occasional freezes during download, and repeated freezes during re-checks when the program attempts to resume the download. For now I have chosen to return to version 1.5, but wonder if there may be another way around this? I have also considered the following two other options:

1. disabling write caching on the external drive (optimizing for performance vice quick removal)

2. downloading to the internal drive then having uTorrent move the files upon completion.

Not sure if there could be some other fix for my problem. I really did like version 1.6 and would like to re-install it. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm using an external Seagate 300 Gig drive (reformatted to NTFS) on my notebook and haven't had any problems. Does switching back to 1.5 really make the problem go away for sure? I.e., are you sure it's something to do with µTorrent?

Beats me. XD

I don't really remember. :P

Hey, with utorrent v1.5; it automatically dns'd everyone connecting to me, v1.6 only does this when I have the peers window open.. What was the reason for this change? Is there anyway to turn this back on, so that it does it when a connection is made like v1.5 did?

nice 1 guys

superseed mode works well for me now .all tho its a little bit slower than other clients in superseed mode

im only having to upload around 135% of the file now which just wasn't possable before.

ive tryed most clients that use superseed mode and for some reason ive always had to upload 200% to 300% of the file size just to see a copy

but now it seems to be working how it meant too where im seeing seeds finishing around the same time

great work on this release guys

Only BitTornado's core (BitTornado, ABC) and uTorrent has working superseed now, so you should compare only these two clients.

bit tornado used to work a long time ago m8 same with abc and az they just dont work the same as they used too any more 200% to 300% was just madness lol even the version 1.5 of u torrent i struggled the same way

but what ever these guys have done it works alot better now just a tad slower which i dont mind as long as i see seeds in a bunch as the end result .

good work guys ive always tryed to find a answer for this problem i had but found no cure, i even thought maybe it was just my connection or packet loss of some sort but that was all fine.

anyway thanks agan u torrent has made my seeding a whole lot enjoyable again

rafi, it's not a "setting" like that.

jhn195 wouldn't consider super-seed to be broken if other seeds are created once it's seeded only 105%.

If you set "seed-while" to only 105% currently, you'd be leaving probably before any other seeds are created.

So far, I like the changes in 1.6, except for one. Every time a torrent finishes, it triggers Windows to pop open an Explorer window to the new file. It's never done this before and it's really, really annoying. I'll have uTorrent running in the background, be in the middle of playing a game or something and all of a sudden, the game vanishes and I'm looking at an Explorer window.

How do you turn this little "feature" off?

Whether it should do that or not, it does and it happened immediately with the update. Within minutes, something finished downloading and it started popping up windows, not only on my computer, but on my wife's as well when she finishes something.

Archived