µTorrent 1.6 released

Firon

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed that the new version changed the port to a different number. Was this intentional, or can I safely change it back to the port that I did all the port forwarding jazz about? (Or do I really need to do all of that again?)

So far, the new version looks great, but I just wondered why the yellow icon never went green...

still getting disk overload error due to cache'ing but its a lot less frequent now (although i am hitting 6MB/s :-)

1.3GB's in 5 minutes but hit disk error approx 3 times reducing overall speed to around 500Kb/s - 1MB/s anyone know of a way around this I only have 512mb of ram in my box would a 1gig upgrade be worth it????

Automatic Update?

Ok. Is it me or is there now an auto-update?

I just got the message stating a new version of 1.6 is out. I am curious because

I never noticed this before and I don't remember it in the change log. It is a nice feature. Just

suprised is all.

Malfeus

Autoupdate? :D That has been here for a while...

Yes, but since, I don't know, about 95% of the updates are betas and not fed through that mechanism, it's quite easy to forget about it.

Someday, I hope for an advanced option (which defaults to off) that allows betas to come down this way, too.

- Change: Delay firewall opening a little to help problem where utorrent starts faster than the firewall.

I was delighted to see this change... Thought it would fix my "problem" but I can't find anything in the preferences menu about this change, and still have the same "problem".

I have a closed port when µTorrent starts at system startup, when I start µTorrent manually (when windows is fully loaded) the port opens flawlessly.

Is there a way I can manually set a startup delay on system startup? (whithin µTorrent, I don't like third party startup delay software)

When there is no solution to my minor inconvenience at the moment, just regard this post as a feature request.

Greetings froms Holland, keep up the good work ;)

Archived