µTorrent 1.6 released

Firon

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I correct in thinking that the bug that enabled the "Append .ut to files names" when "Show current speed in title bar" was ticked (and visa-versa), is now fixed?

Seems to be, and wasn't mentioned in changelog.

P.S: Not complaining about changelog, just want confirmation about fix.

that's not BitComet where they fix only small bugs to fill their changelog with..

if you say so...

I think the more detailed the changelog is - the better!

Small bugs fixes are changes too, what will a changelog be? So I stick with rafi's opinion.

About BitComet, those people have made an ugly start to forget a secuirity bit check, it's solved and I think people should give BitComet a fresh start. It's a free program and they are really trying todo what they can, so let them be. So don't be mean to them, they just aren't as awesome as this developper.

It's not that we're mean to them because we feel like it, it's because they have had so many revisions that they could've fixed so many of the problems, but they never bothered. It's entirely impossible that they missed all the complaints thus far -- after all, they only make drastic changes when it's clear the client is getting shunned. It's starting to move in the right direction, but it's also taken more than long enough for that to happen, and it's still happening rather slowly. This makes it clear they're reluctant and don't want to change it, not that they're trying what they can but just can't. It didn't take them all that long to implement Az/µT compatible PE, so if they're able to implement something that big, I refuse to believe that RnySmile's actually trying, but just isn't able to do so within his abilities. He's more than capable enough, as the fact that he created a whole client from scratch demonstrates.

At any rate, it's going off topic, so I'll just say, yeah, it's nicer to have more detailed changelogs, but people forget to note minor changes sometimes :P And wasn't the .!ut extension bug fixed during the pre-stable releases...? If so (and I do recall that to be the case), bugs that cropped up between beta versions and get fixed don't show up in the final changelog -- it's only for changes that happened between 1.5 and 1.6, not the cumulative changelog between 1.5.1 build A, 1.5.1 build B, 1.5.1 build C, and so on.

Viva Italia... tutti bene :)

Now back to my post, I'm finding my PC is coming up with BSOD with various messages; Bad Pooler, IRQ type errors whenever I start UT and leave it to run either after a minute or after 30mins. I've had resume.dat missing/damage error messages where I've deleted the resume.dat and renamed the resume.dat.old to resume.dat.

At the moment I'm not running UT and the PC hasn't failed. This leads me to think its UT - any ideas/advice? I'm using the stabel version available from teh Downloads page.

I have a problem with my µTorrent 1.6 client.

The error messages I get every 5 minutes, is:

µTorrent has crashed. Unable to generate crash dump.

I click OK, and then this message comes:

utorrent.exe - Programerror

The instruction in "0x678950ff" reffered to the adress "0x678cf000". The memory could not be "written". Click OK to stop the program.

This happens every 5 minutes... What could be wrong???

Yes i prefer the flags to be displayed the old way too. Now i have to click on the peer tab for each torrent and wait for it to be displayed if i want to check it out. Why is this change?

Can anyone tell me what's the difference between "Stop" and "Pause" the torrent?

Why ? the idea was to have flags/DNS activity active only when the peers tab is open, and slower - so not to load the Internet connection. I think I even suggested that long time ago. I guess they could have made this an optional behavior.

Stop = all connections are closed. Paused = connections to peers stay open but the download activity stops (easier to continue w/o searching for the peers again...)

Why ? the idea was to have flags/DNS activity active only when the peers tab is open, and slower - so not to load the Internet connection. I think I even suggested that long time ago. I guess they could have made this an optional behavior.

This could simply be combined with the peer_resolve_country. If i want the country resolved, i want it immediately and not after 30 seconds. The load to the internet connection is negligible.

And there is something like perceived speed. utorrent feels slower if i have to wait for the flags. The few seconds it takes a big torrent to load with resolve_country won't be noticed.

Archived