µTorrent 1.6 released

Firon

Hmm i dont know how you guys fall for paying for something like uTorrent. The point of acquiring it is so you can go track down things to download for free, so why dont you go searching for a place to download utorrent for free. Like its official main page! Or at least go shopping around for a cheaper price, in which you should stumble on the official utorrent page. Anyway mistakes happen. Just a shame there is scum out there encouraging mistakes.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with these guys is that they were advertizing a site where you could join a club that allows the "LEGAL" watching of movies online. After you pay the 1 year membership they send you a password to their site and you are allowed to download "their exclusive software". Of course it isn't until you download and install the software that you discover it is Utorrent and you are now on your own. If I had thought that it was a torrent program I surely would not have paid them for it, I would much rather donate to the developer of the program.

I like what Teknoguy has said about paying the developer of the program, the only thing which I'm waiting for is when he ports utorrent to GNU/Linux mostly debian then I can use GNU full-time. This is the only torrenting app. which I use exclusively :)

• 1 month later...

If the last three posts are regarding µTorrent... Two months, three months, whatever number of months, it doesn't make any difference. The reason no release dates are announced is because people have these expectations for a grand release on a specific date, and then it turns out the release isn't so grand when ludde has to run against the clock to make a half-baked release full of critical bugs. Trying to figure out a pattern in a nonexistent "release cycle" is even worse, as it creates false illusions and expectations of when a new version should/will be released.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived