Downloaded files deleted?

JJLyon

I should start by saying I'm new this forum and i'm not exactly sure if this is the right place to post about this, my apologies if not. 

So, about an hour ago I was downloading a movie, which I saved to a sub folder within my downloads folder as I do time and time again. The torrent downloaded fine without any issue and I was about to get ready to watch the film when I noticed something odd. My folder containing TV shows had completely disappeared and within my films folder, all but 4 films (Including the one being downloaded) had also disappeared. I've spent the past hour researching, running malware scans (found nothing), losing the files doesn't bother me as such, its inconvenient sure but what's concerning me is how this happened. If anyone could shed any light on this situation or has experienced anything like it before, your assistance would great. Again apologies if this is not in the right place. 

Coincidentally, about 2 hours before this happened, I thought to myself I should really purchase I portable hard drive to back up my downloads folder and even went on amazon to do a price check! 

Thanks for any help you guys can give, if you need any more information I'll try and give as much as I can. 

Hi DeadWingKnight

I think you've misunderstood what has actually happened, I did not remove any torrents or delete any files. At some point between the start and end point of a movie torrent downloading over 150GB of existing Movies/Tv shows within my downloads folder simply disappeared as though they were never on my machine. 

Archived