µtorrent version Stable (3.4.5 build 41712) Blocked to internet by Norton Internet Security

Malediciton

Hi ,

I have recently installed µtorrent version Stable (3.4.5 build 41712)  but before I complete the Installation I receive a notification from my Norton Internet Security says that it blocked the µtorrent Blocked from using my network resources. that's why I cant get any connections from the internet so please help ... note that the previous versions ok to use !!!!

need help here thanks.

here is what happens when I install the newest stable uTorrent :

oCComsdk.dll , oCsetupHlp.dll scanned carefully by norton and when I finish installing the app a message appears to me says : "oCComSDK.dll (Threat name: PUA.OpenCandy .

what is that ? is it safe to use uTorrent after that threat ? or just allow it ?

1 hour ago, Malediciton said:

here is what happens when I install the newest stable uTorrent :

oCComsdk.dll , oCsetupHlp.dll scanned carefully by norton and when I finish installing the app a message appears to me says : "oCComSDK.dll (Threat name: PUA.OpenCandy .

what is that ? is it safe to use uTorrent after that threat ? or just allow it ?

Norton is a waste of your money. Just use Microsoft MSE or Defender and that is all you need.

11 hours ago, Malediciton said:

PUA.OpenCandy

41 minutes ago, GodlessFate said:

What is it that Utorrent is installing that Norton doesn't like?

OpenCandy is Adware - during uTorrent's installation process, you may be offered numerous unwanted programs via the uTorrent installer.

Norton blocks this menace which is OpenCandy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenCandy

It's less hassle and much quicker to overwrite the old uTorrent.exe with the latest downloaded version. (Find the location where uTorrent.exe resides and put the new version in that folder. Make sure uTorrent is exited before overwriting). Launch uTorrent. Job done.

Anyone who insists on running uTorrent.exe after download to install, then temporarily disable your anti-virus or other software that may block it and disconnect from the internet before running the the uTorrent.exe installer.

Also, add the following line to your hosts file:

127.0.0.1 tracking.opencandy.com media.opencandy.com cdn.opencandy.com api.opencandy.com

Archived