FINDING PEERS / PROXY CONNECT ERROR

mohamed3on

Hello, lately I've been unable to download any torrents from private torrents (I tried TorrentDay and Torrentleech) , always get stuck at Finding Peers 0.0% and "proxy connect error: no connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it" 
I'm using uTorrent 3.4.5, and torrents from public trackers work fine.
Any suggestions?
Thank you!

Attached is a screenshot.

Capture.PNG

Hello, I have the same issue, this is NOT proxy server issue since I used the same proxy server with Deluge with no issue and was able to reach my full download speed.

I use uTorrent 3.4.5 build 41712 32 bit, the connection settings screenshot is attached to this message. for proxy access I use PIA SOCKS5 proxy with authentication.

Whenever I use it with uTorrent some private trackers when I connect give me the following status message:

Proxy connect error: connection closed by peer.

Proxy connect error: offline (timed out).

proxy connect error: no connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it

or Connection timed out after a while for the tracker that used to work before even with proxy enabled.

If i disable proxy I have no issues connecting to the trackers with uTorrent.

If I use the same proxy with same credentials with Deluge client I have no issues with connection to any trackers. So the proxy is definitely working fine. Please help to resolve this issues uTOrrent is my favorite client but the proxy issues are making it impossible to use.

Proxy.png

Hmmm for some reason I could not comment anymore from my original account. 

Anyways, 

Utorrent has no control of what happens to my peers that is understandable, however utorrent is the client that connects to my peers and uses manages my connections.

I have troubleshooted this issue with tracker's admin and from the tracker side there are no logs that I was connecting or any kind of errors that happened during connection. The admin confirmed that there are no issues with using proxy with the tracker.

If this is the issue with tracker and/or proxy, how come Deluge client running fine with the proxy and the tracker with no issues ? Since that configuration works fine, and stops working only when Deluge is replaced with uTorrent client it leads me to believe there are issues with uTorrent itself. I can provide logs  if needed, 

I did further troubleshooting, and observed that ALL trackers using HTTPS in their address experience this issue "  Proxy connect error: connection closed by peer" error message. As soon as I change https to http in the tracker's address everything works fine. Without proxy uTorrent works fine with both HTTP&HTTPS. Any ideas why this is happening ? 

Archived