very low speed all of a sudden!!

animemanga

hi fellas

i have been enjoying utorrent for a while now. but when i tried to open it yesterday it wont even reach 5kb/s. i don't know what is happening!! i had a firewall named zonealarm i thought it was the problem but when i deleted it. no change at all.

can any 1 pls help!!

Thank you for your request.

Please provide more information about your situation.

Information such as:

- Security Softwares

- uTorrent Settings

- Internet service provider

- Your broadband speed

And anything else that u think that would help us investigate.

Thank you.

Psycovirus,

erm

isp:blueyonder

security S: avg anti virus

speed? am using a model i don't know the speed

utorrent setting: protocol encryption enabled. wat other info do u want?

things were working perfectly till yesterday. don't know wat took over during the nite

If speed guide doesn't show upload speed when you run tests, just set up µTorrent for xx/1 Mbit and test the speed on a very popular torrent with lots of peers on it. Start adjusting down the upload speed till the speed stablizes.

Once you see your SUSTAINABLE upload speed, run the speed guide again and choose the closest match.

Wanna bet? I just went back to 1.5, for that same exact few torrents I had, with the same settings, my speeds rocketed.

Im not saying anything is wrong with 1.6, but it might be for some, and its abt time pple learn to accept that some versions of the client might not work for some, and for me its 1.6.

Instead of always saying, check firewall, use speed guide blah blah.

Going back to 1.6 won't help, and µTorrent doesn't install itself.

i neva installed 1.6 i really don't know how is was installed.of course it doesmake a difference. how can u explain my situation. i never change settings. i have same setting as 1.5 but spped is dead. wat possible explaination is there?

DEEPPAL

where did u get 1.5 from. i have been looking fdor it for days now. would u please kindly paste the link for me.it would be a great help

thanx in advance.

@animemanga, just google utorrent 1.5 download. Some sites till have it.

http://torrent.bajo.pl/download,plik,676,utorrent,1.5,stable.html

Altho wd prefer to get the previous versions from this site

@Firon, thx for ur help. Really unfortunate I guess. I dont have any other firewall, and dont have a hardware firewall(router), so Im not gonna disable windows firewall. Seems to work fine with utorrent 1.5. Will stick to that.

ps. I said in some other thread abt bringing back the links to download previous versions on the download page. Hope the suggestion is accepted.

Animemanga, try this, remove utorrent from the allowed lists in ur firewall.

Now start utorrent again, firewall will ask for the permission, allow it.

This is assuming u have enabled PE if ur isp throttles and not changed the settings that gave u good speeds earlier.

deeppal: would you try disabling the service for just a moment to see if it makes any improvement? (ps I don't have any firewall at all, or a router, patch your system, works great :P)

if it does, re-enable the WF, remove µTorrent's exception, and add it again.

Ok, its already patched, UPnP was previously off, and ports dont need to be forwarded coz I dont have a router and I allow the whole program in WF.

But will try ur method abt disabling WF and seeing if it makes a difference later.

Thx again.

@Firon,

Didnt work dude. Thx for helping thus far. Guess 1.6 doesnt do it for me :P. Utorrent 1.5 is fine and gives me the best speeds. I guess a person shd use the version that gives him the best result rather than the newest version.

Sad tho, always used utorrent after azureus. And like to use the betas too. :(

i removed it but windows firewall wont ask anything. the small icon on the bottom shows orange instead of green when i click on it says that it might be pro wiv network.

wat about if i permently want to delete utoorent and then reinstall it. i don't see ut in the add/remove

what issss goooooooooooinnnnnnnnnnnnnng on

arggggggggggggggg. i aslo deleted one of my trusted firewalls. ZONEalarm.

Utorrent doesnt need installation. It is a click and run program. Thats why u dont see it in add/remove

As for the windows firewall not asking anything, most likely the option is enabled utorrent to auto allow it in WF. It must be ticked in ur client.

Is it like this for all torrents or only a few?

Archived