Why such slow speeds?

lavinder

Im not sure if its just me, but 1.6 seems really slow compared to 1.5. Im gonna try it for a few more days and if not , I will go back to 1.5.

ps. all my settings were the same as per 1.5

pps. Wat happened to the previous releases on the download page? What happens if pple wanna revert back to an older version which works better for them?

Firon, u make it seem pple are noob with using torrent clients. I have windows firewall, speeds were awesome in 1.5, didnt chg any settings in 1.6, so just coz i dont get good speeds in 1.6, its my fault for screwing with things? And I shd follow the speed guide?

By the way the speed guide for 1.5 gave me slower speeds till I put in my own settings for network and torrent options.

ps. U still didnt answer my question abt allowing us to download previous versions on the download page. Wd be grateful for ur kind response

Just post the settings you use here, and details about your connection.

...We may be able to find the most likely setting (if there is one) for your problems.

Barring that, it will let us know that your problem isn't with µTorrent or its settings.

Ok I used this speed test (http://www.adslguide.org/tools/speedtest.asp) and got these results :

Downstream 1,891.4 Kbps ( = 1.8 Mbps )

Upstream 240.9 Kbps ( = 0.2 Mbps )

Then I used this (http://ut-settings.go.pl/) to get what I needed thing to be set as :

Network Options › Global maximum upload rate: 19

Network Options › Alternate upload rate: 23

Network Options › Global maximum download rate: 217

Torrent Options › Global maximum number of connections: 240

Torrent Options › Maximum number of connected peers per torrent: 30

Torrent Options › Number of upload slots per torrent: 4

Advanced Options › net.max_halfopen: 120

I'm connected to a public torrent with 2 (30) seeds 8 (1163) peers and i'm getting average 17.9KB/s. The torrent has been running for about 5 minutes and is an 8.85GB file.

Is this ok?

That is ok. After some time, it will get connected to more and ur speeds shd increase. But dont expect great speeds coz there are few seeders compared to leechers.

What amazes me abt 1.6, is for torrents with so many more seeders than leechers on private torrents with speeds so bad. Have reverted back to 1.5 and I have no problems.

what is this am going crazy. i have done what every one said but nothing seems to work for me??? why me only ??? my setting are roughly like anyone's else. i never mess wiv setting. all of a sudden speed dramatically falls. i get back UT 1.5 and the same problem. the small icon that tells ur status is ORANGE INSTEAD OF GREEN. the link that lavinder provided wont even work for me. i don't see any loading. guys surely wat is rong wiv me

SOOOOOOOOOOO WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT THHHHEEEEEEE HEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLL AMMMMMMMM I SUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPOOOOOSEEEEEEEEEE TOOOOOOOOOO DOOOOOO????????????????????????

Archived