Leaving .torrents and loosing settings?

Sid32

I'd like to report two bugs I';ve found. The first is that Utorrent leave .torrent files behind in the C:Documents and Settings___Application DatauTorrent directory. Ever couple of days I have to go and delete them. It doesn't reload the .torrents just leaves them behind.

The second is that we had a couple of black outs here recently and if utorrent is running when that happens it loose all my settings.

Both these things happened with the last two version of utorrent.

Other then that a great program, keep up the great work.

SId

When you are finished with a torrent in µTorrent do you remove them with the toolbar 'remove' button? It only removes it from the list and keeps the copy of the torrent... just right click and look for 'Remove And' and select either 'delete .torrent' or 'delete .torrent + data', that will remove the torrents from that folder.

The problem is it doesn't delete the .torrent from its original position.

I usually save the .torrents on my desktop and even after the remove and delete torrent option they're still on my desktop.

Isn't there a way to prevent µtorrent from saving torrents in its own directory, and actually delete the original .torrent when asked to ?

The problem is it doesn't delete the .torrent from its original position.

Thats because its using the copy in the applications folder. Its not going to delete a torrent that it isn't using.

Isn't there a way to prevent µtorrent from saving torrents in its own directory, and actually delete the original .torrent when asked to ?

It isn't possible to tell uTorrent what torrent to use, its going to make a copy of the original no matter what. Its what all bittorrent programs do including Azureus.

It isn't possible to tell uTorrent what torrent to use, its going to make a copy of the original no matter what. Its what all bittorrent programs do including Azureus.

In Azureus it can be set to not make a copy. I can always delete the orignal .torrent file using Azureus delete .torrent menu.

Hope this can done in utorrent as well.

Archived