Commands not Run When Torrents Finish, Period

messers

I have configured uTorrent to run a command when torrents finish downloading. Instead of running this Windows batch file (which works correctly when double-checked or run from a command prompt) it opens an Explorer window in my home directory. What can I do to diagnose or solve the problem and get the desired behavior?

EDIT: Even when starting with a new uTorrent profile, and asking it to run an empty batch file when downloads finish, a file explorer Window is opened. What is going on here?

• your operating system: Windows 10
  • your current version of µTorrent (including build number): 3.4.5 41865
  • your ISP: CenturyLink
  • any other software or connection settings you’re running that may interfere with µTorrent (including but not limited to: VPNs, proxies, firewalls, BTGuard and similar programs, and antivirus software): PrivateInternetAccess, Windows Defender, and Windows Firewall
Sorry about that. I hope I got what was needed.

57 minutes ago, rafi said:

How about sharing a screenshot (or an exact copy) of your command-line? You think this might possibly help to  more intelligently answer you?

Not in the slightest. I can select Chrome, Notepad, anything and the results are the same. A file explorer window is opened in my home directory and uTorrent claims the command has been executed in its logger. The command line is irrelevant. I don't know what other information I can provide here since there is nothing else on the Internet noting this behavior.

Apparently I can't make new replies to this thread. Well I've solved the problem, and yes it was something uTorrent shouldn't have been doing.

Archived