no incoming connections/firewall or router limiting traffic

kekarot

i am either getting the yellow triangle with the exclamation mark or the red cross.

no incoming connections or firewall/router is limiting traffic.

i tried to find the solution but i couldn't. so please help me.

bandwidth is not maxing out even though there are many seeders.

100 megabits per second [down and up]

i don't have a router. a cable is plugged into the back of my computer at the ethernet port.

someone please help me.

2 hours ago, DreadWingKnight said:

You are actually behind a router even if you don't have access to one.

RFC1918 defines address ranges that are ALWAYS behind routers, and 10.x.x.x addresses are included.

so how do i make the exclamation mark or the red cross go away?

how to get back the green check mark?

my bandwidth is not maxing out despite many seeders.

15 hours ago, DreadWingKnight said:

Get out from behind the router is the ONLY way to get rid of the "No Incoming connections" warning.

i am sorry to be bothering you. i did try to find the solution online by reading some FAQs and searching for my specific problem, but could not find it.

can you tell me how to get out from behind the router?

do i have to change some settings?

right now a wire comes from a box outside my house and plugs into my cpu. my isp has told me that i will have to buy a wifi router if i need to use wifi. i am going to buy a wifi router within the next 10 days.

17 hours ago, DreadWingKnight said:

That won't actually help you at all. The box outside your house or something at your internet provider is basically preventing you from receiving incoming connections.

are you saying that there is nothing that i can do that will allow me to receive incoming connections?

is changing my isp the only option available? i don't want to change my isp, since it is the only one which is providing 100 megabits per second right now.

will getting utorrent pro be helpful in anyway?

8 hours ago, kekarot said:

are you saying that there is nothing that i can do that will allow me to receive incoming connections?

is changing my isp the only option available? i don't want to change my isp, since it is the only one which is providing 100 megabits per second right now.

will getting utorrent pro be helpful in anyway?

There is you need to get a Proxy setting or VPN and reset your router to get DCHP from ISP to allow for proper connections and 100mbps is good and to think that is slow is short sightness here. All this will be something you must do yourself.

1 hour ago, PiusX said:

There is you need to get a Proxy setting or VPN and reset your router to get DCHP from ISP to allow for proper connections and 100mbps is good and to think that is slow is short sightness here. All this will be something you must do yourself.

at long last, i guess there is some hope for me.

i thank you very much for your post.

i am more than willing to do what is necessary.

it is just that, i have absolutely no idea about getting a proxy setting or getting a VPN and resetting the router to get DCHP from ISP.

as you may have read in my previous post i don't have a router in my house. there is a box outside my house. a wire comes from that box and plugs into the back of my cpu. it terminates with a RJ45 connection. my previous ISP provided DSL broadband. i had a belkin wifi router which had an RJ11 input. but my new ISP is providing fiber connection. so instead of the RJ11, i get the RJ45. i am thinking of buying a new router which takes RJ45 as input as i need wifi internet for my laptop.

can you please guide my in setting up this proxy setting or vpn. if you could just tell me how to do it, i will do it.

which do you think is better proxy setting or vpn.

i occasionally use hide my ass to open some blocked websites and i have briefly used the trial version of hotspot shields. that is all i know when it comes to proxy and vpn.

also i don't think that 100mbps is slow. it is absolutely incredible. i think you misinterpreted my post from earlier.

please help me.

Beyond utorrent and what was just said that is something you must do by search the internet they can give you more info on Proxy and VPN help. We can only help with utorrent issues not help with Proxy or VPN setting that is something if you search the internet you will find more information on to help you with those but this doesn't guarantee that doing this will work either if your ISP is aggressive in blocking torrent usage.

5 minutes ago, PiusX said:

Beyond utorrent and what was just said that is something you must do by search the internet they can give you more info on Proxy and VPN help. We can only help with utorrent issues not help with Proxy or VPN setting that is something if you search the internet you will find more information on to help you with those but this doesn't guarantee that doing this will work either if your ISP is aggressive in blocking torrent usage.

ok. i understand.

thanks for your help.

is there a way to close this thread or mark this as solved?

Archived