Utorrentie.exe

utorrentie

I realize this process isn't a virus, i guess its some sort of web helper? not really sure of the proper explanation maybe you could help with that. The real problem is that there are 2 of these processes running and the other day one of them was using 1.5gb of my ram. Today it got up to 800mb. This is unacceptable. What are my options? thanks for the help

2 hours ago, utorrentie said:

anyone have any useful information?

They gave you the info. You need to stop the process and also you gave no version for anyone to verify if this is a process problem or something else going on.

1 hour ago, PiusX said:

They gave you the info. You need to stop the process and also you gave no version for anyone to verify if this is a process problem or something else going on.

So... Keep stopping the process over and over and over? Wow what a great piece of software you guys have here.  It's the latest version.... What else? Why am I being treated like I'm a problem when the problem is with your software hogging my resources for crappy ads no one ever clicks on anyways besides by accident. 

1.5G is definitely a problem that shouldn't happen. Never seen this here. You might want to give more info on the conditions under which you observed this. Since we are in the dark even as to what OS you are running, nor uT version, I can think of nothing else to add at this point... Good luck with it...

If uTorrentie.exe is not something you need:

Exit uTorrent.

Go into the Updates folder and create a text document. Name it uTorrentie.exe (make sure it is uTorrentie.exe and not uTorrentie.exe.txt). It should be 0 bytes in size.

Right-click on it and set it's Attributes to Read-only.  Copy the file into the folder Updates>3.4.6_41903 (or whatever build number of uTorrent you're running).

Launch uTorrent. uTorrentie.exe will no longer run.

If/when you update uTorrent, repeat procedeure by putting the 0 bytes uTorrentie.exe file into the newer folder that appears in the Updates folder.

Just now, DreadWingKnight said:

I've been informed that there are updates to the utorrentie process that will prevent ram bloating like this in the future. Under ideal conditions, when an ad causes ram usage to spike like this, the process will self-terminate.

Is this in a new version just released? 

On 2016-03-10 at 10:04 PM, DreadWingKnight said:

it may get forcibly replaced in a future update.

I'm ok with that, im more concerned about it crashing my current version or causing problems. What will it do anyways just by replacing it with a blank file? Will the ads disappear?

well i changed a few things to false and also uploaded a blank utorrentie.exe and the ram usage hasn't gone over 1.5mb since doing that. Also no more ads. Thanks for the help guys. 

offers.sponsored_torrent_offer_enabled - false
offers.left_rail_offer_enabled - false
gui.show_plus_upsell -false
gui.enable_comments -false
gui.enable_ratings -false
gui.tall_category_list -false
offers.featured_content_rss_randomized -false

also why do i lose my replying and posting option after a few posts? whats up with that

1.5G is definitely a problem that shouldn't happen. Never seen this here. You might want to give more info on the conditions under which you observed this. Since we are in the dark even as to what OS you are running, nor uT version, I can think of nothing else to add at this point... Good luck with it... :)

Archived