Cannot access utserver anymore :(

Hi, I recently installed another VM on virtualbox and now utserver decides to stop working.  I start it up as normal by typing:

screen -S utorrent utserver -settingspath /opt/utorrent-server-alpha-v3_3

It seems to start up fine and detaches successfully without the process dieing.  However, whenever I type in the IP (which in my case it is 192.168.0.14:8080/gui) chrome just displays "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED" instantly.  My apache server still works fine as port 80 loads up webpages as normal.  Not sure what the problem is.

I tried deleting the utorrent server folder, removing the symlink and downloading a fresh copy, extracting, settings folder permissions to 755, creatin the symlink and running again but now I also get erros in the log file says there are missing files.  The server still appears to be running even with the errors but the webpage will not simply load.  I don't know what else I can do.

root@ubuntu:~# netstat -lnop --tcp | grep utserver
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:6881            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      1520/utserver    off (0.00/0/0)
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:10000         0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      1520/utserver    off (0.00/0/0)
tcp6       0      0 :::6881                 :::*                    LISTEN      1520/utserver    off (0.00/0/0)
tcp6       0      0 :::8080                 :::*                    LISTEN      1520/utserver    off (0.00/0/0)

Just typed it in now

root@ubuntucarbide:~# netstat -lnop --tcp | grep :8080
tcp6       0      0 :::8080                 :::*                    LISTEN      1487/utserver    off (0.00/0/0)
tcp6       0      0 127.0.0.1:8080          :::*                    LISTEN      1102/java        off (0.00/0/0)

Done, does this mean Java is trying to use port 8080 too? If this is the problem then how do I change the port for uTorrent and how do I verify it is now using the new port?

EDIT:

I got it working by killing the Java process, thank you so much I would not have figured it out otherwise!  How do I change utorrent port?

Look in the docs directory within the distributed archive for uTorrent Server for Linux.  There are documentation files there in various formats.  Within one of those files that are named starting with uTorrent_Server, look for the setting ut_webui_port for the file utserver.conf.

Archived