NAT error, no light (red,green,yellow or otherwise), opened port ...

Taralotus

I seem to be dloading ok (kinda slowish but it's happening) ... can someone explain how the NAT error or lack of light of any colour is going to affect the dload? Yes, I've been reading all of the other things about opening the ports (I've got ZA suite, use WinXP, have 256 ADSL cxn)

Sorry for the noob question. But then, that's what I am.

:) Kim

Zone Alarm may be firewalling µTorrent -- many have said µTorrent won't run right at all with Zone Alarm installed.

You may have a router (for multiple computers), if so that needs to be port-forwarded -- and manual port-forwarding plus fixed LAN ips for each computer works best for that.

Your ADSL modem may have a mini-router or firewall in it that also needs to be port-forwarded, you'll need to read at the manufacturer's website/s about that...or just GOOGLE it.

The last guy I helped out, we got uTorrent to start working again with ZoneAlarm, simply by shutting down uTorrent, and then deleting the entry in ZA. Then running uTorrent again and letting ZA add it. Might be worth a try.

this is strange and weird. i had an orange light. and zonealarm was on. i turn off zone alarm and i had a green ball. i was quite happy. i accidently shut down UT and then turn it on and the orange ball is still there. i uninstalled ZONEalarm but i still have an orange ball. so tell mi guys wat the hell is going on

No, don't cross-post. I'm warning you again, it's annoying, and people don't enjoy running around the forum helping you in a million different threads. Do realize that most of the forum regulars read every forum thread, meaning they see the same exact posts over and over? Does it mean you're getting more help from the same person, for every time you cross-post?

SL83, I tried your suggestion however my light keeps going from orange to red depending on when I open up U-torrent.

It is downloading consistantly between 6-9 kBs (now that I have changed to 512mbs connection) so what I really need to know is that, if it continues on it's same path doing the above, I won't have any probs with the actual download when it's finished, will I? The light indicates only the speed of the dload right?

Thx again :D

Kim

Oh btw, I when to the modem config and it doesn't appear to be able to be port forwarded even tho there are instructions on how to do it on the siemens website!?? There is nothing on the modem config page that allows setup.

Any ideas there?

Archived