ISP Infraction Notice

jackguy

I occasionally use uTorrent to download movies, magazines and TV shows off of KAT and Extratorrent.  The other day, I downloaded The Following Season 3 and I received a Cablevision infraction notice about I am in violation of this download.  I am thinking, seriously, of ALL Cablevision subscribers, I happen to be the only person who downloads movies and TV shows.  Doesn't Cablevision have bigger problems to worry about than to monitor my activity.  I spend almost 200 dollars every month and that is on the "basic" side of service. I can't occasionally download something for free like all the other millions of people out there. 

How is Cablevision able to track my internet usage and know that I downloaded this TV show?  

Do they track the IP address or MAC?

Going forward, how can I remain anonymous so Cablevision doesn't know what I am doing or what I am downloading?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

If Cablevision is not doing the tracking then why am I receiving a Copyright notice from them or they appear to be mentioned in the notice? Who is sending out these notices if Cablevision (Optimum) is not doing it?

Complainant
Entity: MPAA Search and Notify
Phone: (+1) 818-935-5860
Email:cablevision_Notices@mpaa.org

So, if I am being tracked by IP then I do I spoof my IP or get around this tracking?

How do I know which content is being monitored by P2P groups?

I understand that the MPAA is working with Cablevision and other providers to cutdown on illegal downloads but everyone seems to be doing it.  If you look at the number of seeders on some new movies or TV shows, there is A LOT of people who are downloading new and old movies.  As well as TV shows.  So, I am not the only ape that is doing naughty stuff. 

1 hour ago, jackguy said:

I understand that the MPAA is working with Cablevision and other providers to cutdown on illegal downloads but everyone seems to be doing it.  If you look at the number of seeders on some new movies or TV shows, there is A LOT of people who are downloading new and old movies.  As well as TV shows.  So, I am not the only ape that is doing naughty stuff. 

So what? This is about you right now and you got caught. So if you want to continue your ISP internet then don't download content that are tracked by P2P groups. It's that simple but if you don't listen to reason then nothing more anyone can do.

Archived