Need Help Port Forwarding. Difficulty: Can't access router settings

Nova828

Hey all, extreme newbie when it comes to torrents. I have DSL with a Paradyne modem and cannot get a green light due to an apparent NAT error. I've gone through all the possible steps I can find online to fix it but there is one problem: They all lead me to have to access the modem's web based settings, but my ISP doesn't allow that. Typing in the IP address for the router, plus every other IP I can find including all of the ones I get doing IP config/all under the RUN screen take me nowhere. Is there another way to fix the problem that doesn't involve accessing the router?

At the moment I am able to download with some success, but cannot upload. I'd like to be able to give back as much as I take. Thanks for any help

Yeah, just tried those two links and no luck. Page cannot be displayed. I uninstalled the Norton Firewall that came with my computer and set up exceptions in the XP firewall for all the ports used by uTorrent. No difference.

• 2 weeks later...

Well when I call my ISP, all they tell me is they blocked customers from accessing the router settings. They refuse to help with anything unless my internet is not working at all. Is there another way to foward ports that anyone knows of?

Archived