How to manage peers ?

Elochai

So this is a weird question and understandably not something you want to commonly do. But I do want to do it as it ticking me off a little.

I own the paid for version of uTorrent (Pro Version). I got some really old torrents that I been slowly downloading since early 2015 (Content that hard to find and I been getting bits here and there). I got about 6 torrents as of a week ago, there one peer showing up for almost all of the same content. He downloading the content, and he/she even got more percentage then me for some files. But he/she never uploads any to me. He after getting some parts from people I have yet to connect with and has downloaded data from me while he had more of the file then I got. But again one week he been there, he downloads but never uploads.

It ticks me off a bit as I could have more of the files if he shared. The fact I am sharing to him and he not sharing back, makes me want to block him. So my question is, how do I block a peer who doesn't share content back ?

2 hours ago, PiusX said:

You can't do that. And how do you know? Your making assumption that you have nothing to show for either. Also we don't help with utorrent pro questions here as well.

What I know is that he has 89% of a torrent, I only have 40%. I am not getting anything from him, yet he has been getting data from me. I also have a bit torrent program build into my RT-AC5300 Router. Same deal with these torrents. And it not just one, its a bunch that the same user is also downloading. And it the same results, he never uploads any data to me.

Even loading his data, it clear he is leaching but not giving back the data he has that I don't.

As for the " we don't help with utorrent pro questions", just because it the pro version and not the free version with ad's, doesn't mean the question is for utorrent pro only as it for all versions of torrent. But seeing you put me on the topic of having the paid for version over the ad's version. If I did have an issue with my "pro version" which is the same as the free version for torrent and peer usage, where are the forums for it ? After all people who pay for a product should have equal or greater support to that of a free version.

PS:, If the option not there, I'll just look for a way to block the IP of the peer using a firewall or program.

5 hours ago, Elochai said:

If I did have an issue with my "pro version" which is the same as the free version for torrent and peer usage, where are the forums for it ?

There isn't a forum for pro users - just this contact form: http://help.utorrent.com/customer/portal/emails/new

But as your question wasn't Pro specific anyway, there was no reason it couldn't be posed.

2 minutes ago, AdiMalick said:

There isn't currently a way to "drop" individual peers, other than changing a folder's key and redistributing the new key to all peers apart from the one you've dropped.

What kinda logic is that you don't controls peers or how it was created.

Archived