3.4.6. does not move completed files

pitcold

since update to 3.4.6 (from 3.4.5) with no other change made in my file system or the uT preferences not a sinlge completed files gets moved to the given folder any more, stay all in the folder for new downloads like the temp files

3 hours ago, pitcold said:

no response ? no one else has this problem? please fix it, very annoying that this doesn't work any more

Normally, I just use the Put new downloads in: option. But I just tested the Move completed downloads to: option and you're right... they don't get moved (with 3.4.6.42178).

ok, fine. Just interested (maybe Mike can answer) why you normally don't use the " Move completed downloads" option ???

I mean I have up to 5000 running torrents in the queue, The folder for new downloads thus has thousands of (temp) files and even more confusing maybe 2000 or 3000 subfolders with subsubfolders where you have a completed file then when it's done.

How do you manage that? Even with only a few hundreds of torrents this is a complete waste of time to look out for completed files in this big temp folder when you can easily ship them in another folder automatically done - When it has no bug :-)

Does it matter if there are 5000 (which is crazy by itself...) or 50? As has already been mentioned - I just leave them where they are, each with it's own sub-folder, which is being auto-created by uT.  If the source is RSS, it also auto-label + auto-locate them into folders.

3 hours ago, pitcold said:

Just interested (maybe Mike can answer) why you normally don't use the " Move completed downloads" option ???

Well, the Put new downloads in: option is my final destination folder.

So I don't know why I'd want to download them to one folder then have uTorrent move them to another folder when completed.

Because even with only 50 torrents in the queue (mabye 20 of them building subfolders and not flat files) you don't have to take care how the files in the "new downloads" folder develop. 

You simply create another folder (same partition) where you have your completed files shipped. When it makes no sense at all, then why is this option offered ?

I work in the IT industrie since more then 20 years and whould appreciate it a bit to NOT be labeled as a kind of an idiot, maybe you think cause I am new in this forum.

you could call me a heavy user if you want when it comes to uT and not mabye someone downloading one file a week or so and id it doesn't matter at all when all torrents are completed so "new downloads" folder = "completed downloads" folder after some weeks, yeah, thank you.

Enough talk, fix it please someone and use the software like you wanna do I dont give a....

Maybe moving form one drive to another (shared, HTPC, slower etc) ? Maybe this was more useful when they were auto-adding labels to the destination folder/drive. Now the "label" pref.-tab is semi useless...

True, it should be fixed, regardless of you being an *xx*xx* ... ;)

I have no clue what you wanna say in your first sentence tbh. But anyways, bugs should be fixed and I would appreatiate it very much.

Btw 5.000 torrents in the queue was a bit to much, I acccept. But a few hundreds I always have. Well I download like up to 1.35 TB in 24h with this great software... 

btw even super old eMule Software has that option to (automatically) ship completed files to another folder than the temp folder. I use eMule since year 2002 and I think this option was available there since then at least. But I know, makes no sense to use that option  :-)

btw even super old eMule Software has that option to (automatically) ship completed files to another folder than the temp folder. I use eMule since year 2002 and I think this option was available there since then at least. But I know, makes no sense to use that option  :-)

I guess you  can always construct your own "move" feature, but writing a small script for moving the files, and activate it in "run when download complete"  under pref->advanced->run-program

Sadly seeding will not work after that...

If I were you - I'd wait for a day or two for a fix...

This will copy the files:

advanced->run progam->when finishes:

"<exact-script-path>\run-program-copy.cmd" "%D" "%K" "%F"

run-program-copy.cmd  (will copy to c:\temp):

rem %1 - "%D" path, %2 - "%K" multi/single , %3 - "%F" file
set str1=%2
if not %str1%=="multi" goto :single
xcopy %1\*.* c:\temp /s /e
rem move %1 c:\temp  <-- cannot move since the files are seeding/locked. You can delete after seeding...
:single
copy %1\%3 c:\temp

rem pause  <- can remove comment  to check/debug the script
exit

Good luck

... and please look into the sometimes not working option "Move .torrents for finished  jobs to", too, because I just had the case where a single completed file actually GOT moved to the given folder, but the corresponding .torrent-file did NOT! Strange...

rafi, please focus on the real existing bug, me (heavy user) cannot confirm this sometimes thing ;)

btw, now at home from a hard work day in office, ~ 200 completed torrents out of ~ 1500 in the temp folder. Great to pick those. So I really appreciate this fix (ok you might know that already from my side)

5 hours ago, rafi said:

Sometimes? either be more specific, or nothing will be done. That's the way it is ....

Okay, using the following link, the problem of the not working option "Move .torrents for finished  jobs to" is reproducible:

https://eztv.torrentlist.org/ep/145530/talking-dead-s05e17-hdtv-x264-batv/

While the completed file actually DOES move to the given folder, the corresponding .torrent-file does NOT!

It is essential for me that this is working properly, too, because I need this as a kind of job control to get a "work-around" for my problem posted here: https://forum.utorrent.com/topic/102249-run-this-program-when-all-torrents-have-finished/?do=findComment&comment=514200

Archived