uTorrent 1.6 Slowdowns?

SL83

I'm not seeing them. You guys almost definitely have something wrong with your settings.

I'm on a 15Mbps/2Mbps cable connection with a WRT54G version 4 router using DD-WRT v23SP1. Windows One Care Live as my firewall. Using µTorrent 1.6, this is what my speeds look like (note, I have my upload capped to 40KBps:

utorrent.jpg

So don't blame µTorrent 1.6. Double check your settings, and if you're still having issues, post a thread in here with DETAILS. If you don't give details, it will be very hard for anyone to help you.

Not that you may want to right now (due to other upload-hungry services running), but how fast can you upload on your line? I'm wondering if the more supposed bandwidth ISPs offer, that lower percentage of that bandwidth is actually useable. (in other words, for you 90% upload max may be too much.)

1.5mbit ADSL connection on standalone PC, no router. downloading at ~110kb/s with 1.5

Accepted the invite to upgrade to 1.6 and my speed is not getting above 40kb. Notice that the total seed count is extremely slow in updating (maybe 1-2 seed per 5 seconds) but the peer count automatically shoots right up into the hundreds like normal.

Checked the ports, no problem with the random port.

Tried torrents from different trackers.

Tried disabling firewall/deleting the exception and re-adding.

Upload speed is unaffected

When I shut it down from the File menu and re-start I often get an error saying "it seems like Utorrent is already running but not responding. please close all utorrent processes and try again" - there is only one instance of utorrent.exe in the task manager....

My good old Azureus install is pulling "normal" speeds".

It's not me or to put it another way, it shouldn't be me when it was working fine before and the auto-updater is the ONLY thing I use.

Not that you may want to right now (due to other upload-hungry services running), but how fast can you upload on your line? I'm wondering if the more supposed bandwidth ISPs offer, that lower percentage of that bandwidth is actually useable. (in other words, for you 90% upload max may be too much.)

I can upload at 240KB/sec max speed is what I've seen so far. I've done that while downloading 1.3MB/s and still was able to browse webpages at fast speeds as well :)

Archived