SBC Yahoo DSL (AT+T) connection problems with Siemens speedstream 4100

lamigra420

I recently switched from Cox cable to SBC yahoo DSL. I only have the provided Siemens Speedstream 4100 modem connected without a router.

I was under the impression that port forwarding was only for a router? Correct me if I am wrong. Anyway, I have Windows XP Service pack 2 and am using the Microsoft Firewall. I have added a program exception for Utorrent and added a port exception for Uttorrent as well but I still get the yellow triangle with a question mark in it and when I put my mouse over it, it says that I have no incoming connections and it could mean I have a problem with my network configuration. No ####! So I do a port forwarding test and of course it says that my port isn't forwarded. I tried turning off the firewall and I got a few connections so I am pretty sure this is at least part of the problem. Do I have to go to the router page and do something there? I can't seem to figure this out and have spent hours looking on the forums for an answer. Sorry if this is a redundant question but I really did look before posting. Your help is appreciated.

Archived