.DMG FILES instead of Torrent files?

BROOKELANTA

Hi, i am kinda new to this, so please excuse my lack of knowledge.  I have used Utorrent before, and never had an issue. 

however when trying to download a torrent file from KAT, instead of getting a torrent file that opens in UTORRENT. I get a .dmg file. 

i am completely confused as to why, and I was hoping if someone can tell me, is UTORRENT changing it to a .dmg? or is it downloading as .dmg?  

If its not Utorrent can someone tell me why I am getting .dmg files instead of torrent?  i've attached screenshots. 

any advice on whats happening and how i can fix it would be greatly appreciated!

Screen Shot 2016-04-14 at 10.16.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-04-14 at 10.16.10 AM.png

8 minutes ago, DreadWingKnight said:

Ask the site you're getting your torrents from.

The site. KAT, i could not register. I tried. Then i looked for ever two hours for solutions, but could not find anything that addressed my issue. so i came here for help. I understand if you are annoyed by people like me, who don't have your expertise level... but I just came here hoping for help, there wasn't any reason to be rude. 

There's a difference between being rude and not providing technical support for a site we have no involvement in.

And there's also a difference between being rude and being blunt.

http://slackware.com/getslack/torrents.php provides torrents that are actually torrents. If you're still getting DMG files from that site as well, you need to get the malware off your system. Otherwise, it's not our concern.

Archived