Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sza85

"The device is not ready" error

Hi!

I will try to be short and simple.

Stick pc (running 24/7 with Utorrent v3.4.6) <---> External 3.5 HDD with it's own power source, connected directly into the pc via USB 2.0 port.

<---> 3 port USB 3.0 hub with GB ethernet port, 1 mouse 1 keyboard 1 ethernet cable connected to it

From time to time (randomly, once in like 2 months), some of my active torrents (random amount of them) give the error "The device is not ready". If I force start them, they will go back to seed, and other torrents will give me the error again (random ones again, after a random amount of time, like 3-4-10 minutes). It happens a lot of times till I force restart all the torrents 2-3 times. Then the error disappears for 1-2-3 months. Then it's starting all over again.

- pc running 24/7

- nothing attached to it, so HDD's drive letter don't change

- HDD has external power source

- it's Windows 10 now but also happened on Win 8.1 before, with earlier versions of Utorrent also

- the pc can never go to sleep (turned off in the power settings, and also running Ginseng)

I'm clueless... any ideas are appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Also turned off the USB power saving where ever it was possible + running NoSleepHD also, but the error is still there.

HDD health is 100% by diag softwares...