Missing: Append the torrent's label to the directory name

ScytheNoire

Tried that, but doesn't seem to work the same way.

Want it to, when finished, go to the folder I state, but instead it just keeps going to my standard default completed folder.

The label rule system doesn't seem to work as it should.

Why get rid of the single checkbox that worked with a system that doesn't seem to work?

• 2 weeks later...

Why are the default labels in the way? I still don't see how the new system can be used like the previous one when you need to define filters, and only when the "catch" you get the desired result (was unconditional before).

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I just cant understand how it works now. For now, for example, I have Bittorent 6.1.2. I just checked the "add Label to torrents". Then, I use RSS to auto download TV Shows. So in Rss downloader I just use label for every TV Show with its name and season number.

So I just dont understand how to use the new system? Its just something, made not for human, I gues.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 24.06.2016 at 8:31 PM, rafi said:

Can you please explain how exactly are you using it to do so? Exact steps?

1. Chek the option "Append the torrent's label" in Option - Directories

2. When you download torrent and add label to it, the programm adds label as a path to save file.

I've literally been trying to get this feature to work for over a year. I've tried all the possible options: "use label directory rules", enabling the old "append label name" setting still available in the web interface.

This feature is completely broken, and other than actually downloading a torrent, its the most important thing I need the client to do.. it really screws up my automated download system using Sonarr. 

Today I attempted to get it working (probably 4th time this year), and it seemed to work when adding the torrent manually. However, it still doesn't work when Sonarr (or other remote uTorrent clients) add the torrent. It looks as if all these 3rd party client use the web interface to add torrents. Maybe the bug is related to that? 

Please get this issue fixed. The stuff you guys list in the release notes look much less severe than this bug.

I pay for uTorrent pro. The only reason I use it is because all the other Windows clients can't handle the amount of torrents I have seeding. But I'm thinking about getting a linux box to run a client that is capable of doing something as simple as moving a torrent to a directory when its completed... 

I am not able to get labels working correctly either. 3.4.7 and Windows 10. I've been using the WebUI to "append torrent's label", but it is not working anymore. Torrents do have the correct label, but they are not moved into the directory correctly. 

On 7/25/2016 at 2:57 AM, rafi said:

The feature has been deprecated, and replaced with label-directories "mapping" settings. Why not try it out?

I think I've seen you or others post this same response to the issue several times now.

All these users are not desperately trying to get an old setting to work because they refuse to use new settings.. we simply want to have downloads moved to a dynamic folder when completed

The feature, regardless of using the new or old settings to do it, does not work.

Next time before posting "use the new setting", please verify that it works yourself - when both a manually adding torrent and adding a torrent through a remote client (e.i. web interface, Sonarr, sickrage, mobile clients, etc).

To reiterate my own findings: it seems like the feature works when manually adding a torrent, but does not work when a torrent is added remotely. And by remotely I mean via the unofficial web interface API. For me that is with both Sonarr and the Transdrone android app. 

Also I'd just like to state that if you are already manually adding a torrent to the client its only a couple extra clicks to specify the download folder. In my opinion an auto-move feature that only works when manually adding a torrent is almost useless. I bet for most users the only use for this feature is in an automated downloading setup. All of which use the web interface API (which again.. does not work). 

1 hour ago, zone117x said:

To reiterate my own findings: it seems like the feature works when manually adding a torrent

I heard that before, and could never make it work...Step-by-step instructions can help here :)

Archived