BunnieL

I bought Pro but couldnt instal it as I already had an older version running.  This cannot be uninstalled as I get the message I do not have the permission, please contact the Adm,  I AM the Admin, it is my PC.   I have therefore had a refund on the Pro by Cleverbridge.   However, I would still like to purchase this, but am at a loss hows to uninstall the previous free versioh.,

I am running Windows 7 64bit.

Brenda Lawrence.

Hi

If the uninstall process is still not working with a permission issue even if you are Admin, it's likely that the registry key of uTorrent didn't register the correct install path; here is a way to uninstall uTorrent

-Directly called uTorrent from the command line with the /UNINSTALL option from a DOS Command prompt

-[ I wouldn't recommend this alternative option, as it would fix the registry key but if you want to uninstall uTorrent, fixing the registry key before delete it is not necessary]
  • run "cmd" to call a Dos Command shell ( here is a windows help if users are not used to do this : http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-happened-run-command#1TC=windows-7
  • type this command (in bold)
      C:\Users> reg add  "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\uTorrent" /v UninstallString  /t REG_SZ /d "%APPDATA%\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe /UNINSTALL" /f
  • And then you should be able to go to the control panel to uninstall successfully the application

Thanks

Thank you so much for your detailed reply.  I  am having difficulty however in typing in BOLD in C Prompt.  When I click oln CMP and right click for admin use, I get the line C windows System 32.  I then try to type your instructions, but cannot find the command to type in Bold.  I am a 73 year old lady, so I ' am sorry to be so thick.  

Archived