SOLUTION - Norton AntiVirus/uTorrent 1.6 problem

WIZZwatcher

FAQ: Section 1 - incompatible software, problem 1.8 "Norton AntiVirus keeps prompting me to permit or block µTorrent!"

1. Start Norton AntiVirus.

2. On the left pane, select Internet Worm Protection.

3. On the right pane, click Program Control.

4. Find the uTorrent entry and delete it.

5. Click Add.

6. Locate the program executable (default location: C:/Program Files/uTorrent/)

7. At the next dialog box, from the dropdown menu, click Permit.

8. Click OK.

9. If any windows with Norton asking for permission for uTorrent are open, click Permit.

Now Norton will no longer ask for permission for uTorrent.

Whoever does the FAQ section, should thry to do it a little bit better. It took me about minute to find solution.

WITTwatcher

The guys in charge for the FAQ are smart enough not to use such software. So they need the advise from guys that actual use the stuff to help them with the guide.

Thanks, that you have done that. as you can see Firon has apriciated you help. keep your help comming!

"Don't ask what µtorrent can do for you, ask what you can do for µtorrent" ;)

Sure, I agree that if one doesn't have that particular antivirus, they can't work on the solution. But simply saying that it WON'T work until you turn off part of NAV's protection is not the best idea (and yes Worm Protection WORKS, it protects my system just well).

Well, I was happy to find out how to fix it and could share with those encountering the same problem :)

Hello,

I'm having a problem with the conflict between utorrent and Norton, however, I do not think I have the version of Norton that applies to the Solution above. My cover runs out in a month anyway so can anyone suggest the best virus protection/firewall to get...one that will not conflict with utorrent!

Thank You

Hello,

I'm having a problem with the conflict between utorrent and Norton, however, I do not think I have the version of Norton that applies to the Solution above. My cover runs out in a month anyway so can anyone suggest the best virus protection/firewall to get...one that will not conflict with utorrent!

Thank You

Antivirus: NOD32 (paid)

Firewall: Look N Stop (paid) or Zone alarm (paid or free)

Archived