tracker not updating - utorrent 1.6

sappypappy

just upgraded from 1.5 to 1.6 and since my trackers are continously "updating" but never appear to complete.

been running utorrent for a long while without any problems. only thing i changed with 1.6 is i selected english as a default language. suggestions would be welcomed.

anti-virus and firewall rules deleted and rebuilt with no change to utorrents ability to update the trackers.

torrents i was connected to and downloading / seeding before the update work fine (still pushing and pulling data fine) but the tracker is continually "updating" and the torrent sites do not list me as seeding/leeching anything.

i disabled virus checking and my firewall. stopped all torrents, closed utorrent. restarted utorrent and torrents. the torrents which had peers prior to upgrade still were found and i can still seed/leech fine. those torrents that i recently downloaded cannot see any peers and ALL torrents regardless of before or after upgrade are stuck contiually "updating" their trackers.

i did the same process and reverted to 1.5 (build 437) worked fine. re-enabled my firewall, anti-virus ... works just fine.

i'm not sure what i'm missing with 1.6 but this is the first upgrade where i've ever had any trouble. Again, suggestions are welcomed and thank you.

not sure what you mean about openoffice (prolly should search)... and this problem is with a number of different trackers all behaving the same. In 1.5 they update fine, 1.6 no so much.

EDIT: Just tried OpenOffice - same issue with 1.6: sits in an "updating" state for the tracker and never starts the download. I repeat the process (even with the firewall / anti-virus disable) with 1.5 and it works fine.

update: deleted everything from Application Data, disabled XP's firewall, installed (via installer package this time) UT 1.6 same problem. Tried it on another machine, same problem. Tracker updates fine using Azeuros and UT 1.5. Any one have any luck resolving this problem?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived