Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tnash

Bind utorrent to tun0 interface

Hi,

Im trying to make utorrent to only connect through vpn tun0 interface, what i did was go to advanced settings and set both Net.Bind_ip & Net.Outgoing_ip to my tun0 address 10.3.0.2, then i tested by stopping the vpn service, however utorrent doesn't disconnect and continues downloading.

how can i make this work without going to iptables ? there should be an easy way to just tell utorrent to use the Tun0 interface.

Thanks.

Check out the docs included in the distribution and read about the preferred_interface configuration file setting.  Let me know if that helps.

Isn't there a docs directory within the set of files extracted from the tarball you downloaded for uTorrent Server for Linux?  Or, are you trying to run uTorrent for Windows under WINE?  The Linux groups are really about uTorrent Server for Linux.

from what i got from reading the docs, i can set this in the "utserver.conf" file, however this file does not exist in the utorrent directory, nor any other place i've searched using the search option.

hi,i think i have discovered the problem, i was just talking to my vpn providers,the vpn im connecting to is not forwarded to the internet, its used only to connect to other devices. this is probably why utorrent is not using the tun0 interface because there is no internet connection to it, using Net.Bind_ip & Net.Outgoing_ip in advanced settings should be the correct way of of making utorrent bind to vpn tun0 interface. sadly i can't test this because the vpn provider declined the torrent traffic through his server/

Edit: i have asked my vpn provider to temporary forward my vpn to the internet and have tested the bind ip feature in utorrent, i can confirm that utorrent works perfectly with the vpn ip if you set "Net.Bind_ip & Net.Outgoing_ip" in the advanced settings.

Thank you all.