Stuck on connecting to peers

ddswh1pk0s

Hello everyone,

I have been using utorrent flawlessly for the past 6 years but 2 days ago all my torrents are stuck on connecting to peers and the ones I am seeding are red.

I am running Windows 10, and utorrent build 42178. I have tried using known good torrents like slackware but still doesn't work. I tried downloading the same torrent on a different computer on the same network and it works fine. So I think the problem is on my machine itself. I have also made sure that utorrent is in the firewall exceptions for incoming and outgoing rules. I've also tried reinstalling utorrent to no avail. The correct ports are forwarded and confirmed working.

DHT says "waiting to log in", local peer discovery and peer exchange working. Other trackers say connection timed out or no such host is known.

Any help is appreciated,

Thank you in advance

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I had the same problem and tried this and it worked immediately.

I clicked on the tracker section below the section where the downloading was been done, pressed CTRL+A and selected all in that section, rightclicked and chose "update tracker" and the connecting to peers error vanished and my download started. Hope this helps someone too.:D

10 hours ago, junty said:

Hi,

I had the same problem and tried this and it worked immediately.

I clicked on the tracker section below the section where the downloading was been done, pressed CTRL+A and selected all in that section, rightclicked and chose "update tracker" and the connecting to peers error vanished and my download started. Hope this helps someone too.:D

Not everything is created equal...since no one has any details different problems aren't the same.

Try following steps:

• Check your internet connectivity.
  • Right Click on the torrent in your app and click on ‘Update tracker’
  • Ensure that the Torrent App is not blocked by Windows Firewall.
  • Exit the app & Relaunch the Torrent App.
  • If none of this works then visit the site from where you downloaded the torrent and see if there are enough seeders available.

Archived