Data rate column in Files tab

Eebster

I was curious if the "Rate" column in the "Files" tab of a selected torrent was functional in the latest Windows 10 build and if so, why it seems so useless. In my experience, for quite a while now on Windows 8, 8.1, and 10, the alleged download rates in this column have been clearly fictitious. For instance, I am currently downloading a torrent with ten video files and two text files, with three video files set to download and the remaining files set not to download. Some data (3.38 MB-5.69 MB) was downloaded for the video files I declined to download as expected, so I can ignore the quoted rates for them, but all three files that are actively downloading are quoted at 167.8 kB/s (as if some exaggerated 500/3 kB/s) in spite of the fact that one is in fact downloading much faster than that and the other much slower. This isn't unusual; in fact, I find that column never seems to tell the truth on a single video file. Is it completely meaningless? Am I just reading it wrong?

Since the numbers are good in Win7, can you give an example/screenshot of those numbers together with "media-info" screenshot of it?

The only thing I find annoying is that the units they use are not the ones I like to see (as in MediaInfo).

Archived