Is it possible to change file names in torrent

kdlsw

Hello everyone, I am wondering if it is possible to change the names of files in a torrent without changing the hash so the torrent still work? I did some research on this, but they all suggest it is not very likely. So, if there are any suggestions, they will be very appreciated, thank you!

3 hours ago, kdlsw said:

Hello everyone, I am wondering if it is possible to change the names of files in a torrent without changing the hash so the torrent still work? I did some research on this, but they all suggest it is not very likely. So, if there are any suggestions, they will be very appreciated, thank you!

No, only when you downloaded the files then only can you change them. If your trying to avoid DMCA letters from your ISP this will not work either.

• 3 months later...

Yes, this is possible if the stream has been completed and planting, and you have a later version of uTorrent 1.8 or.

Stopping the flow of low resource consumption.
Go to the location of the file (or folder).
Change the file (or folder) name you want
In low resource consumption highlight flow up the top and go to the "Files" tab below.
Select the file (or folder) has changed the name, right click and select "Move"
Navigate to the file (or folder) with a new name, and select.
In order to make sure it works, you can click a torrent to the top of low resource consumption and select the "Force Re-Check" option. It is checked and should show 100% new.

Note: If you do not see the "Files" tab, then select Options> View details.

Yes it is possible if the torrent has completed and is seeding and you have a version of u Torrent 1.8 or later.Stop the torrent in u Torrent.Go the the file (or folder) location.Change the file (or folder) name to what you want In uTorrent, highlight the torrent up top and go to the "Files" tab below.Highlight the file (or folder) that you changed the name of, right-click and choose "Relocate"Browse to the file (or folder) with the new name and choose.

Archived