DL speed oscillation

bhang

Hello,

I'm having troubles with my DL speed oscillating (a lot) between  540kB/s- 2.7MB/s. When it reaches the maximum, seems like it 'hit the roof' and starts to fall to around 500kB. Anybody has a clue what could be causing this?

Another issue that I'm having that sometimes when I start to dl a new torrent the UL speed goes up fast to the maximum (around 450kB) and the DL stays stays really low (like 50-100kB).

The test in speedtest.net shows DL- 35 Mbit  / UL - 20Mbit. So after I read some guides posted here in the forum I set my  UL speed in the setup guide tab, first to 10 Mbit but, then the UL speed went way to high (1.5Mbit) and the DL didn't passed from 300-400kB, so I decrease the UL speed to 5 Mbit  and the things settle down a bit. It's OK to keep with this settings? I read that I need to set the UL cap to 80% from the maximum that is  around 15-16Mbit, but seems like those high values doesn't work well in my case.

Thanks in advance.

Rafi, as I explained above I tried to set the correct upload limit that shoud be 10Mbit I guess, but then then the upload speed goes way to high and the DL stays really low. So I decreased the UL limit to 5Mbit where the things seems to work better for me.

Yeah, I'd like to try your setting file, but I don't know how to use it...

5345816184.png

i have a bit similar issue. my upload speed goes way high.

The results from speedtest.net are DLS- 1.29 Mbit  / ULS - 0.71Mbit

I have attached a sample. I tried bunch of different settings but I am unable to control upload speed.

Any suggestions?

preference setting are attached. 

1.jpg

3.jpg

@1234321 Wow man, you upload with >3MB/s and your test shows ULs 0,71Mbit/s? Are you sure that you're testing your speed with all your bandwidth consuming apps turned off?

In your case seems like that 'Maximum upload rate' setting doesn't work correctly. Have you read rafi's guide yet? It has a bunch of useful tips that can probably help you, maybe changing one of those 'advanced' values that are suggested can make the difference for you.

1 hour ago, bhang said:

@ rafi  Are you taliking this  My v3.x quick-fix >"Best Practice" settings.dat file    ?

This .dat file is universal? I mean these settings apply for any utorrent user independently of their UL speed or other possible variables ?

Mostly yes. It is good enough to start with. You'd need to tune it to your local folders/directories, and (if you want to) also to your connection speed (it is for 1Mbps UP speed, so upload limit, and #of connections ).

Rafi,

I'm using your .dat file right now and my first impressions are that the things certainly improved. I can still see some oscillations but at least the average dl speed went up.
So thank you for your assistance :)

21 hours ago, bhang said:

Rafi, as I explained above I tried to set the correct upload limit that shoud be 10Mbit I guess, but then then the upload speed goes way to high and the DL stays really low. So I decreased the UL limit to 5Mbit where the things seems to work better for me.

Yeah, I'd like to try your setting file, but I don't know how to use it...

5345816184.png

Problem here is people are equating their ISP to utorrent speed which couldn't be farther from the truth. Those two speeds aren't the same nor will you get that speed in utorrent. Utorrent download speeds are based on seeder/peers availability not the availability of your ISP speed. Users seem to still think this but this is not true.

Getting up to the ISP speed is the goal, tho.... If the torrent is well seeded (ready for download) , or "on demand" (ready for seeding) you should be able to reach these speeds unless your own system is not up to the task, or your ISP is interfering with BT traffic ...

Archived