Problems with "Open containing folder" relating to labeling issues

dzoulias

Greetings. I am using the 3.2 version. Also tried the 3.4 version.

Let me describe my issue:

1. I have persistent labels like this:

Mp3s

Movies

Series

But I also have

Movies/Public

Movies/Private tracker

Anyway, the previous behavior was like this. A torrent would complete, and it would move to a dir called j:\Bittorent\Completed\Movies\Public (Movies\Public being a persistent label, appended to the "completed" directory).

This is ok and has not changed.

However, any new torrent I am assigning a persistent label that has "/" in it, goes to the correct dir, but NOW, when I use open containing folder, it takes me to my documents. Torrent however is in the correct location. One thing I noticed, when I added the column Save directory is the following:

Before, a save directory would show like this (in the column): j:\Bittorrent\Completed\Movies\Public. When it shows like this, open containing folder works.

However now, and without having changed anything it shows like this:j:\Bittorrent\Completed\Movies/Public. Please notice the slash, backslash difference. In these torrents, open containing folder does not work.

How do I fix that?

Thank you in advance

Anybody ?

(Bumping from time to time). I find it peculiar that thus being the client most people on the planet use, that I get no responses. Oh and I used the last beta. However, we should not be obliged to use the last beta since many respectful trackers have it on the not-allowed list for months after its release.

On 5/23/2016 at 0:06 AM, dzoulias said:

Anyway, the previous behavior was like this. A torrent would complete, and it would move to a dir called j:\Bittorent\Completed\Movies\Public (Movies\Public being a persistent label, appended to the "completed" directory).

This is ok and has not changed.

What exact version are you talking about? As far as I know the "append label to path" option has been removed  long time ago (replaced with new "labels" mapping that does not work so well...)

Try to think: is it fixed already in the latest version? let say this is a confirmed issue, and they want to fix it, do you really believe they will create 3.2a just for your trackers? They will eventually fix it in 3.4.7 anyways.

Archived