ExtraTorrent RSS feed failure

DavetheDefiant

Past couple days rss automation fails on ExtraTorrent feeds like http://extratorrent.cc/rss.xml?type=search&cid=8&search=ettv on build 42330.

Double clicking items or right clicking and selecting Download results in RSS Unable to load HTTP Error 403. However, clicking to Open URL in Browser returns torrent file for download.

All of my ExtraTorrent feeds are like this for a few days now, but other feeds seem okay, so I checked over on the ExtraTorrent forums first, and users of other torrent programs report no problems with the feeds in the ExtraTorrent forum.

• 4 weeks later...

2 hours ago, SirBolle said:

Any more news on this? I'm having the exact same problem and don't seem to be able to solve this.

Contact that site for why-utorrent has nothing to do with this problem that is site problem.

On 6/25/2016 at 8:14 PM, DavetheDefiant said:

Past couple days rss automation fails on ExtraTorrent feeds like http://extratorrent.cc/rss.xml?type=search&cid=8&search=ettv on build 42330.

Double clicking items or right clicking and selecting Download results in RSS Unable to load HTTP Error 403. However, clicking to Open URL in Browser returns torrent file for download.

All of my ExtraTorrent feeds are like this for a few days now, but other feeds seem okay, so I checked over on the ExtraTorrent forums first, and users of other torrent programs report no problems with the feeds in the ExtraTorrent forum.

Then contact extratorrent support to fix their connection problem. utorrent has nothing to do why your blocked.

Reading comprehension is not very strong here I see.

The link loads just fine in any browser, and the feed works just fine in the torrent application I am using now.

Problem obviously has something to do with the way uTorrent is handling the feed, since uTorrent is the only thing that has a problem with it.

No longer using uTorrent. Problem solved.

DavetheDefiant is right. uTorrent is perfectly able to download the torrents. Somehow uTorrent just isn't able to grab the actual torrents from the RSS feed.

I can see the files in uTorrent RSS feed overview, if i rightclick and press download i get the error. If I follow the link in the feed and open in in the browser it works fine. If I then click on the link and open it manually in uTorrent it starts downloading.

It's just that uTorrent doesn't grab the torrent itself from the feed.

I've been uTorrent for almost 10 years and I'd hate to have to (manually) transfer all the RSS filters to another client.

Archived