Norton- blocking utorrent?

Uncle Sam

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/07/20/hooks_cooked_hackers_crack_tonnes_of_security_apps_for_new_cloak_yoke/?utm_content=buffer87433&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

I'd say it's probably norton's fault regardless since that was what changed.

Internet security software does NOT help with security as much as it claims to.

in norton firewall section utorrent   is   on the trusted list,   do you think norton considers a torrent website... a maliscious site?     looking thru nortons

settings... ?       explain post antivirus statement,   those folks goin on permanent vacation?  lol     maybe then ill unistall..

not familiar with slackware?,    guess it says newbie  over there  << for a reason  lol

Norton is bloatware/malware A/V-if one doesn't want to take good advice then nothing more anyone can do for you here. What is trusted or not in Norton is besides the point it blocks regardless of what one thinks. I use MSE with utorrent and it blocks nothing and downloads fine.

On 8/13/2016 at 4:32 AM, DreadWingKnight said:

We're fast approaching a post-antivirus age and you may simply need to uninstall norton completely.

For Norton/McAfee bloatware that is true those two are being replaced by free and better version and one that been around as long as the Windows O/S .. .MSE/Defender and doesn't block or stock your internet so they can load more bloatware. I know I used Norton in the past when it actually was a good A/V and McAfee as well but now-days they are more concerned with loading bloatware and acting like a malware on your system instead.

Archived