Error Files Missing from Job

moleary

Been getting a few of these errors....

Only with Torrents from TPB. And only once they have completed and are seeding.

Says Error Files Missing from Job, I check the files in the file tab...All are at 100%...

Try Show containing folder...All files are there!

Try Re-Check and it says access denied yet there is no issue accessing the files in any way except what uTorrent reports.

Using V3.4.8

Did all that Dread....

And no files were deleted scanned or touched. 

Do a re-Check after 100% download it says access denied, Then does the re-check, says a few K are missing then re-downloads what it thinks is missing and then gives the same error.

I eventually have to just remove the torrent since it will refuse to seed.

Then why is it only happening to torrents from TPB?

Is something about the DHT changing what is supposed to be there in that now completed torrent that uTorrent is seeing and then saying it no longer matches?

I didn't think that was possible once a torrent was completed unless that is a new feature of DHT that was not supported in older versions of uTorrent.

There is no problem accessing or playing the file in anything else...Only uTorrent has an issue with it.

The DHT is the only explanation I can think of and I'm no newbie to Torrenting here...

17 hours ago, moleary said:

Then why is it only happening to torrents from TPB?

Is something about the DHT changing what is supposed to be there in that now completed torrent that uTorrent is seeing and then saying it no longer matches?

I didn't think that was possible once a torrent was completed unless that is a new feature of DHT that was not supported in older versions of uTorrent.

There is no problem accessing or playing the file in anything else...Only uTorrent has an issue with it.

The DHT is the only explanation I can think of and I'm no newbie to Torrenting here...

Then contact TPB and ask them.

This happens to all torrents, regardless of tracker.

This issue goes in in hand with the "Access Denied" issue.

uTorrent has problem running with admin rights also - does not want automatically to load torrents, you have to manually add them from the drop down menu in the client.

I did that they claimed it was something to do with the way utorrent is supporting the new DHT. 

But I should have expected that every Answer to Every problem encountered in uTorrent is the product of someone else and NEVER uTorrent!

It's code is absolute Perfection!

• 3 weeks later...

I can now confirm this has nothing to do with TPB as it happens on any tracker at random times....

It has to do with uTorrent not playing well with Win10 UAC and not using the Account it is open in...

You have to shut down uTorrent and do a take Ownership and restart uTorrent to get uTorrent to read the files....

Since uTorrent is the one writing the files in the first place it has to be something about uTorrent writing parts that screws up the Ownership.

Archived